Chapter 22 - The Open Up

MINETTE POV

Today is my second day at work and I felt strange since this is the first time I woke up mid-afternoon. I went to check on my Mom but I heard her talking on the phone so I just pass her by.

I started making coffee, pancakes, eggs, and sausage. I also made sandwich to bring at work in case I got hungry on the way.

"Mmm smells good." Mom comes in.

There is something odd with her she tends to smile lately and glowing.

"Good aftie Mom!" I greeted her and went back frying.

"Morning sweetie, how was your first job?" She sat on her usual spot.

"It's all good Mom the workplace is nice and the people too." I turned off the stove.

"I knew moving in here will bring you good. How was Ella? Have you heard from her work yet?" Mom made me think of her.

"Oh god! I am such a bad best friend she won't forgive me for forgetting to call her for yesterday." I made a mental note to do it later.

"Ella will understand beside you don't have the same work shift. Tell her my regards and invite her here." Mom helped me on the table.

"Will do I already gave her our address." I poured her cup of coffee.

"What's the name of the Bar you're working at anyway?" Mom filled up her plate.

"Red bar it's about 15-20minutes walk from here." I finally take my sit.

"That's near where the crime scene happened two weeks ago and yesterday too." Mom suddenly felt nervous.

"Yeah I heard that news from my workmate and have some very outrageous theory." I stuffed my mouth with egg and pancake.

"Such as?" Mom raised her eyebrow.

"About how the victims died and the involvement of the non-existent creatures called Vampires." I stopped munching for a bit.

"Wh--at did you just say?" Mom stuttered and turned pale.

"Mom, don't tell me you believe them? Come on! That's just plain crazy!" I stared at her for a moment.

"I... uhmm... just shocked. I think I'm not comfortable about you working there especially at night." She trembled.

"Anyway, you won't believe it but I also have gained another friend named Ava. We both get hired the same day I applied." I changed the topic.

"That's great! I see you're starting to have a social life now I'm happy." She clapped her hands.

"Yeah she's really nice and you won't believe what embarrassing scene I did." I giggled while replaying it in my head.

"Last time you referred something like that was with the Nurse in my office." Mom reminded me.

It was the time I went to surprise her during lunch hours I stumbled on the couple making out in my Mom's office thinking it's her. I beat the crap out of the guy and it was too late for me to realize it was her secretary. I wished the ground swallowed me that day so since then I never visited her clinic.

"Yeah that was an epic." I laughed at that.

"So what did you do this time?" Mom waited for me.

I let out everything from the guy hitting on me and how I convinced him. She couldn't hold her laugh especially when our so called sexual preference and relationship was out.

"OH.MY.GOD!! Ha ha ha!! That was hilarious!! I didn't know you could ha ha ha pull that stunt!!" Mom couldn't stop laughing.

"Yeah keep mocking me Mom." I playfully pout but join in laughing afterwards.