chapter 1

Ok before you start reading keep in mind this story has not been proof read for any mistakes. Right now I'm just working on writing it then going back to read it and find any mistakes, but if you find that I made a mistake just tell me so I can fix it as soon as possible.
Thanks please enjoy.

The interview Pt. 1
"Come on Katie, you gotta wake up. Today's the day."
I slowly open my eyes only to find the lights are on. I groan in frustration because she just had to wake me up with the lights on. Why? "But I don't wanna wake up."
"Katie you have no choice now get your lazy butt up and get dressed."
"Fine Angela, but I'm not getting up on my own free will, got it?" she chuckles, rolls her eyes and walks out of my room. My boring,old, badge room.
I grab a tank top and some shorts and walk slowly out to the bathroom that's down the hall from my room. Luckily none of the other girls from the orphanage are in there.
When I get into the bathroom, I close the door and lock it. I strip out of my pyjamas and get in the shower. I let the warm water run down me, and squirt my lavender scented shampoo in my hand and scrub my head then rinse.
I step out of the shower and wrap my green towel around myself and dry off.
Once I'm dry, I put my clothes on.
Someone knocks on the door. I then hear Angela's voice sound through the door "Katie? They'll be here in two hours. Hurry up, you still have to eat."
"Ok Angela, I'll be out in about 30 minutes." With that, I hear footsteps descending away from the door. I take out my blow dryer I keep in this bathroom. It takes about fifteen minutes to blow dry my red hair. I start with my make up I snuck in. One time Angela woke up with make up on her. It literally looked like she was a clown. After that she banned makeup.
I applied a light coat of blush and some mascara. I'm not the kind of girl who cakes her face with makeup.
I walk out of the bathroom and back into my room and quickly hide my makeup. I then walk down stairs to the kitchen were Angela is waiting for me. She stands up and walks to the microwave and pulls out pancakes with chocolate chips on top. She must have seen they were my fave because all she did was smirk and set them in front of me.
As I eat them she tells me my schedule for today I ended up having two interviews. Wow that's two more then usual. The last time I had an interview was when I was two, and wouldn't stop crying when the lady picked me up so, I failed that interview.
She glances down at her phone then looks back up. " Katie the first couple is five minutes away so hurry up and get to the meeting room"
"Kk, wish me luck." It takes me about two minutes because the meeting room is in another building. I get to the building and go in and sit on the couch. Now I wait. Five minutes of sitting and staring at the wall goes by before a couple walks in.
The lady looks about 35 and the man looks about 38. They come in and give me a friendly smile. They sit down and introduce themselves. Apparently the lady is Monica and the man is Evan.
"Hey, so tell me about yourselves. Like whats your job,do you have any pets, are y'all vegetarians and etcetera." I ask awkwardly.
"Ok, I'm a doctor, and Evan is an engineer, no we don't have any pets, and yes we are vegetarians."
I frown at them but quickly cover it up with a cough. "Well I'm Katie, I have been an orphan since..... forever I guess, my favorite color is blue and I love jaguars."
"What's your favorite food?"
"Well it was steaks, but I guess y'all don't want to hear that." I frown.
"Well it was nice to meet you, Katie. We hope you find a family." They say sadly to me then walk out.
I sigh but, I should have seen this coming. Well my next interview is at 2:00 p.m so I have a few hours to eat lunch and relax.
*******************

Hey yall this is my first story on wattpad so keep that In mind. Sorry for any spelling errors and I will try to update at least a couple times a day please comment and if yall have any suggestions tell me no idea is a bad idea so ya. Katie's outfit is up top.