The Price of Magic

Start from the beginning

The figure nodded but then paused, "But, at a price."

I raised my eyebrow, "and what's that?"

"Anyone who drinks the water of the spring, cannot leave Neverland. Ever. If they do, whatever they were cured for will come back and they will die."

.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.

*Baelfire*

'He found her. Pan found her! I hope she's okay! This is perfect! Now Solstice and I can escape Neverland together. I still can't believe I found a way off Neverland!!' My thoughts ran wild. I ran to the hut; it was morning now, the dew wetted the greenery and the sun was bright and joyful.

Felix announced to Archer and I that Pan had found a cure for Solstice. She was going to be okay! I raced toward Pan's hut, and burst through the door.

.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.

*Solstice*

I woke up to find that I was back in Pan's hut. It was morning but there was no joy in it. My body ached, my head throbbed, and my thoughts were tampered with. I closed my eyes. All I wanted to do was sleep. But no, I couldn't. That would mean sinking back into the darkness. No, not again.

"Awake, are you?" I heard Peter's voice.

I opened one eye to see Peter Pan standing before me. "Yeah." I shut my eye again.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

I opened my eyes, and met his gaze. "I feel like crap." I gave a small smile, "I'm pretty sure I don't look that great either."

Pan smirked and sat down besides me. "Are you feeling unlike yourself?"

"I think it will come and go. I don't really remember what happened. It's all a blur. I mean I remember bits and pieces but that's it. I don't want to be around others when I lose it again." I sat up straight, "Peter, you have to lock me up in a cage so I won't hurt anyone. I recall I hurt Baelfire. I cannot hurt anyone else."

"Well I think I might have a solution."

"What?"

"I found a cure."

My eyes went wide. "Y-You found a... cure!? Oh my gosh Peter!" I jumped up and hugged him. "I can't believe it! How?" I let go of him to look into his green eyes.

"It's from a spring. The very heart of Neverland. It's what keeps this island and everyone in it so, well, young."

I smiled, but my happiness was cut short. A stabbing pain shot through my leg. I cried out in pain. "My leg!" I fell back onto the bed—the pain was increasing and spreading. My legs, my arms, my hands, my chest, my neck, my whole body screamed in agony. It felt as if I were being boiled alive.

"Ahhhh!!" I shrieked.

Pan shot up and inspected my leg. His eyes darted to my arms. To our horror, black spots emerged.

"T-The third s-stage." I managed to say, despite of the pain. "W-Where's the cure!?"

Pan's face fell, "I must tell you something about it first."

"What's there to tell!?" I practically shouted.

"Since this water is magical, it too, comes with a price."

"Hades!" I shouted, "i don't care what the price is!!" The pain was increasing, "Arghhh!! Peter!" I shouted between sobs, "What's the price!?"

"If you drink this," he held up a metal canteen, "you can never leave Neverland. If you do, the Star Fever will come back and you will die."

"What?" I managed to say, "Is that the only w-way?" I breathed out the words; but then soon screeched again. The pain was being to be unbearable.

Pan nodded, "I'm afraid so."

"O-Okay." I stuttered, "I'll do it."

"Are you sure? Because once you make a deal with the devil, he always comes to collect." He warned.

"To Hades with him!!" I snatched the canteen out of his grasp and drank its contents. The water was cool and refreshing. The pain suddenly vanished, as if it was never there. The voices in my head stopped. My skin began to clear, and my eyes were no longer red.

I smiled slightly. I had been cured.

I grabbed Pan's hand, "Thank you so much Peter."

Just then, the door to Pan's hut burst open to revile Bae standing in the threshold.

_______________
Yikes! A lot happened in this chapter! And sorry I haven't updated in like a week, I got super busy with life.

But anyway, thank you SO much for all the reads and votes!! We're close to 1K reads!!! XD and it's all because of you guys! :) I love you guys so much and thank you again!!

Okay, I'll stop being annoying now.