Chapter 1

(The First to chapters are from the original one shot)

Many, many years ago, people who didn't want to die had themselves frozen in ice. In theory, in the future, they would be able to live a better life than before. The downsides to this was that being frozen causes the water in your body to freeze and expand. Not to mention the frost bite most ended up having.

Most of the time, body tissue was damaged far beyond repair. Though, that was only most of the time.

Here we are, 100 years later, and some of the lucky patients who survived are now awaking from their frozen slumber.

(F/N) (L/N), one of the successful ones. Limited body damage, so it was a quick recovery. She's currently being taught about the new world by Dr. Sugawara.

-2nd person pov-

"What has all changed? To be honest, I can't remember much of the time before I was frozen." You asked, looking around the room. Everything felt so different. "Though, you look familiar, I feel like I knew you before."

"As a Doctor, I don't really believe in people having past lives, but it's quite possible you knew me in one. After all, it's been 100 years since you were frozen." He said with a refreshing smile. You wondered if all people were like this now.

"For someone who doesn't believe in that, you sure sound confident in that answer." You replied.

"Well, it's my job to help our patients stay happy, and make sure they haven't sustained any damage while being frozen." He paused, "What was it like, being frozen for so long? Could you think about anything?"

"Not really. At first, yea, I could, but eventually everything became dark. I was awake, but I wasn't at the same time. Sometimes, it felt as if I was being dragged away, from life that is which was actually kind of scary."

"What did you think about? While you were frozen for the first bit?" He asked curiously.

"Hmm. I think it was the guy who you remind me of. Like I said, I feel like I've known you for a long time, but my memory is foggy, so I can't really remember anything."

"That's common among patients. I experienced the same thing myself." He said, catching your attention.

"Wait, you were frozen too? Why didn't you tell me?" You asked.

"Because I don't remember why I wanted to be frozen. All I know is what they told me when I unfroze a few years ago. I had come in, 100 years ago, with a girl. We had wanted to be frozen together as far as I've been told, so we could wake up in a better future. I can't remember her at all though, which bothers me greatly."

"Oh, so you don't even know if she was one of the ones who died, or if she's woken up already? I'm sorry to hear that, you two must have been close."

"That's what I assume," he stopped for a moment. "Do you want to talk about this over coffee? Maybe we will both be able to remember something."

"I don't really like coffee, but alright." You say getting up from your seat.

'That's funny, based on what I do remember, neither did she.' He thought to himself.

MemoriesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara