Chapter 1

I was currently on my way to my new University. It was my first year of studying and I was taking an Art degree. The downside was I wasn't staying in Newcastle with my Mam instead I was going to a University in Manchester, far away from home. It was about a 3 hour drive from where Mam lives to my new campus. I opened up my snapchat and took a selfie adding a black and white filter to it before adding the caption "University Life📚" then adding it to my story. Before I knew it I had arrived at campus and was making my way to my new room. I didn't ask for a private room so I probably will end up with a room mate and I hope she is lovely. I made my way along the corridor with my bags and finally found room "347" and knocked on the door as it was slightly ajar.
"Come on in" I heard someone call from in the room. I slowly made my way into my new room and was surprised by how big it was. I mean of course it would be bigger as two people need to live in it. There were two double beds at either side of the room along with a large wardrobe and dressing table. I was too busy looking round the room to even notice my room mate was now talking to me.
"Sorry, what did you say?" I giggled.
"I just asked if you were my new roomie!" she smiled brightly "my names Jesy".
"Yes that's me, oh, my names Jade" I said holding out my hand for her to shake. Instead she pulled me in for a quick hug and smiled.
"Well then Jade, here's to a bloody fab year" she laughed whilst closing the door.
"If you don't mind me asking, what are you studying?" I asked her.
"I am studying performing arts, so acting and hoping to do a bit of dancing alongside, what about you?" she replied.
"Wow! I wish I had your confidence. I'm doing an art degree" I smiled.
"That's so cool maybe you could draw me sometime?" she asked to which I nodded in response. We both began to unpack our things and settle into our room. An hour or so had passed and we had both just about finished unpacking. Jesy had grabbed my phone and added me on just about every bit of social media I had.
"I'm going to go out tonight, if you fancy coming along? Freshers and all that" Jesy laughed. If I was honest I wasn't one for going out and socialising. I would much sooner be sat with my sketch book letting my mind and hands create something on the page.
"Erm, I will have to refuse your offer, I'm up so early for my first class plus I had such a long journey" I replied.
"That's fine, maybe some other time?" she asked looking hopeful. I nodded and she began getting ready to go out.
"Are you single Jade?" I heard her say. I brought my head up from my sketchbook and nodded my head.
"Ok cool! So I know are you into boys or do you bat for the same team?" she smirked. That was something not I even knew. I hadn't had a boyfriend or had my first kiss which made me pretty lame. I shrugged and Jesy mumbled "interesting" before carrying on her makeup. Some time had passed and I heard Jesy's heels click along the floor.
"I'm going to go now, I will be as quiet as possible when I get back. I apologise in advance if I wake you up" she said with a genuine smile. I told her not to worry before saying a quick goodbye and she had left the room. I decided to order some food and call it a night. I rang Dominoes and told them my order. They told me they would be there in 25 minutes which I thought was fairly quick. This time flew by and I heard a knock on my door. I took the boxes from the delivery guy and handed him the money and waited for my change. He left and I was making my way back into the flat when I heard someone speak.
"Wow that pizza smells good". I turned around to see a small girl with a huge afro looking at me smiling.
"I hope it taste as good as it smells" I laughed "I'm Jade".
"Leigh-Anne, I just so happen to be your neighbour!" she grinned.
"Well do you want to come in? I can't eat all this to myself and it would be good to get to know a new friend" I asked. She nodded and followed me into the room.
"So where are you from?" she asked me whilst we tucked into the pizza before us.
"I live in a small town in Newcastle called South Shields! What about you?"
"I have a friend who's from there! I'm from down south. High Wycombe! Not too far from London" she told me. We then carried on asking each other different questions. I found out Leigh is taking a degree in Teaching, has a pug named Harvey and is petrified of bugs! Leigh was such a sweet girl and we spent most of the night laughing. Once it got to around 10:30pm Leigh decided to call it a night because like me she was up bright and early for her first day. Once I got into my PJs and into bed I quickly checked Snapchat to see Jesy had uploaded a story. I clicked on to see a few selfies she must have taken in the bathroom and a quick one of me sketching which I didn't know about! It was captioned "my new arty roomie Jade, little cutie👸🏽". I laughed before carrying on through her story. There was a couple of her dancing around in the club then one caught my eye. She was posing into the camera with a blonde girl. This girl was one of the most beautiful girls I have ever seen. I don't like to be cringey or creepy but she was stunning. I carried on through her story and was sad to see there was no other ones of her. Jesy probably didn't even know who this girl was! She was probably just another drunken face on the dance floor but I found myself hooked and kept replaying the same clip of her over and over. I was most definitely going to ask Jesy about this mysterious blonde when I woke up in the morning. With that thought in mind I set my alarm and turned over to try and slip into a deep sleep.