Meeting One-Eye

The next day Garret was out on the plains playing with his friend Saya, Silica's daughter. "You can't catch me Garret!" yelled Saya. "Bet I can!" Garret roared as he charged towards her. Saya then turned and ran in the opposite direction from Garret as the feathered Tarbosaurus chased after her with determination in his eyes. Soon they were at the river where a herd of Edaphosaurus were wallowing with some Deinotherium. The young Tarbosauruses were watching the herd enjoy their mud bath until they heard a snarl behind them. Garret turned to see what was behind them. "Saya? I think it's time to go!" Garret screamed as he and Saya ran away from an angry Entelodon. It was the animal that snarled at them. The raging animal chased after the two friends as they ran through a dusty part of the plain. The Entelodon stopped chasing them and turned away. "Whoo! We're safe" said Saya before Garret said "As long as we stay away from that thing." Then Garret sniffed the air as if something was interesting him. "Do you smell that?" Garret asked as Saya started sniffing. "Yeah" Saya said. They then turned their heads in the direction the smell was coming from, then Garret placed his nose to the ground and continued sniffing like a dog would. Garret then put his head up and saw a dead carcass near a watering hole. "Hey Saya! I found it!" Garret called to his friend. Saya came up to him saw the dead body as well. It was a fully grown Phiomia. Garret and Saya were getting hungry after all that running and chasing but knew that they should never go near any sort of carcass, especially one so fresh, because who or whatever killed it could be still around. "Wow! That looks so tasty!" cried Garret licking his lips. "Let's have some."
"Garret wait! Mother said we shouldn't go and eat any sort of carcass outside the territory!" Saya yelled as Garret started stuffing his face with the fresh Phiomia meat. "Mmm! This is so good!" Garret cried in delight. Suddenly a loud voice yelled "What do you think you are doing?" Garret slowly looked up and he saw who was speaking to him: One-Eye. He was feasting on One-Eye's kill! "Uh oh" said the little feathered baby as he had some meat in his mouth then nervously said "I... I... I was just eating some of this meat and I didn't know it was yours. I'm sorry." One-Eye then gave out a grunt before picking up the dead animal and putting it on a rock. Saya then just turned and ran and as she was getting close to the Tarbosaurus territory she banged her head on a rock, knocking her out! Garret meanwhile was scared stiff at the sight of One-Eye but as the Tyrannosaur turned away Garret plucked up his courage and said "Hey Mr One-Eye, guess what?"
"I despise guessing games" said One-Eye miserably. "I'm gonna be alpha of my pack" said Garret. "Oh goodie" said One-Eye sarcastically. Garret was being quite brave for someone his age and said "My Mum showed me the whole kingdom and I'm gonna rule it all!"
"Yes, but forgive me for not leaping for joy, bad back you know?" One-Eye asked as he flopped to the ground. "Hey One-Eye" said Garret as got onto One-Eye's head. "When I'm alpha, what will that make you?"
"I'll still be just a bloody outcast" said the horrifying dinosaur. "You're so weird" said Garret before One-Eye got up and said "You have no idea. So your mother showed you the whole kingdom did she?"
"Everything" said Garret. "She didn't show you that rise on the northern borders?" asked One-Eye. "Well no. She said I can't go there" moaned Garret. "And she's absolutely right!" One-Eye cried. "It's far too dangerous, only the bravest dinosaurs go there."
"Well I'm brave" said the young Tarbosaurus. "What's out there?"
"Oh Garret I simply cannot tell you" said One-Eye sitting down. "Why not?" Garret asked. "Garret, Garret your Mummy is only looking out for the well being of her favourite child" One-Eye said as he rubbed Garret's head. "Puh! Yeah right, I'm her only child" Garret said. "More reason for her to be protective" One-Eye said. "A Mammoth graveyard is no place for a young soul such as yourself. Oops!"
"A Mammoth what? Whoa!" Garret said interested. "Oh dear I said too much! Well I suppose you'd find out sooner or later you being so clever" said One-Eye. "You should go back now, but don't tell anyone about our meeting. But promise one thing, promise me you'll never go to that dreadful place."
"No problem sir" said Garret. "There's a good lad" said One-Eye. "You run along now before your mother worrys. And remember, our meeting is our little secret." And with that Garret raced back home and One-Eye turned away pulling a wicked grin on his face. Garret made it back and Delta brought him back to the den for the night while Saya was found and carried back by Silica.