Chapter 8: Worth the Wait

"Boy or girl?" Benley questions as he flips up a coin, bored.

"My bets are on the little creature being a girl." Landon answers, moving his green eyes from Benley to me, "I just can't picture your friend as the type to have a boy. I could see your friend dressing up a girl, but what would she do with a boy? Dress him up in frills, bows and tiaras?" Landon openly mocks Bells on her obsession with always looking like perfection.

I nod, "Point taken." I agree with ease. On the other hand, Max is terrible in dealing with little girls. Either way, it's going to be disastrous.

We're all currently waiting in one of the hospital rooms. Bells and Max should have been out a long time ago. However, they're taking longer than what the doctors had expected. I just hope that there's been no complications.

"You're not one for babies, are you?" AJ asks Landon, having observed and taken note of how he keeps referring to the baby as a creature. She's very perceptive, not that Landon isn't making it completely obvious. He has a disgusted expression on his face whenever we mention Max having to see the birth of the baby. He keeps muttering 'gross' and other profanities beneath his breath.

"Don't get him started." Emma chuckles as Landon pulls a face at AJ's question. Sarah's disappointed and crestfallen expression does not go unnoticed by me. Sarah obviously wants to start a family with Landon some day. It's a pity he ain't struck on having a kid. Plus, I just can't picture Landon being a father. He's just so...mean. He seems the type to hack and beat up teddy bears for fun.

"Don't talk Baby," Xavier shushes his wife with an unintended pun, "you need to rest." He orders, his gaze still set on the light stitches in her hand. "You've lost a lot of blood." He tells her, making the incident sound more serious than what it is. If anything, it sounds as if Emma was just attacked by a shark or something.

"I'm fine, Xav." Emma smiles up at her husband all too lovingly, his hand on her lap. I can't picture either of them with someone else. It would just be weird. They're destined to be with each other - ex racing partners and all.

"What did I just say about talking?" Xavier shakes his head at his wife, "Stand down Babe. Save your energy. Channel it into silence." He demands, being bossy so that he can care for her. Gross.

Emma frowns, protesting, "But-"

Xavier places his finger upon her lips, stopping her from talking any further, "Sssshh." He whispers, quieting her down.

I roll my eyes at Xavier's paranoid side. He really does love Emma. It's just a matter of time before we're all sitting in a hospital for them and their new little one on the way.

"It's just a cut." Sarah says, voicing what we're all thinking. She may be quiet, but she's still courageous and blunt. She's a good fit for Landon. She seems to be able to keep him in check. They're compatible.

"Exactly." Nancy exclaims in exasperation, "I keep telling him that." Nancy retorts in a condescending manner whilst she shakes her head at Xavier.

"I wouldn't expect you to understand, Aqueela." Xavier retorts, forcing his insult onto me for no reason whatsoever. He meets my perplexed gaze and grins deviously, "You're a cold, heartless person." He teases, his dark eyes simmering in amusement.