When French Class Transports you to Hell.

Up top is Dragomir played by Eugen Bauder 😘😘

-

My mother is making me go to school today. After finding out I skipped the past two days she wasn't pleased and said, and I quote, "If you fail a class, you won't see the light of day." I'm not scared of my mother or anything. I'm just healthily afraid of her.

So, I decided to take that ass to class.

I shoved my books that I hadn't used in months into my backpack making a show of it to my mother who tapped her foot irritably. She insisted that she drive me to school to make sure I didn't skip out.

"Hurry up so we can pick up Ash and Russell. "My mother snaps tapping her stilettos by the door impatiently.

"I'm coming! Hold your horses!" I replied and hurriedly tossed in some paper mate pens and a few pencils along with notebooks that had not notes, but heavily doodled pages and small literary works, which is what I used them for rather than school.

I wasn't going to try and succeed in a place who wants nothing more than for me and the people I care about to blip out of existence. So they can kiss my fine ass. I'm not doing shit. Mom wants me to go to college though, but I don't think that's in the cards for me. Russell though? Russell is a genius. This girl was doing quadratic equations back in kindergarten. She's so bright and really has something going for her and Ash has her dancing. Ash is an unbelievable dancer and prodigal gymnasts. They had promise and that's where I didn't fit in.

My puzzle piece didn't connect to their future full of success and talent. In that aspect I was an outsider to outsiders.

"Tristan Annalise Wallace if you don't get in that car right this instant..." My mother's voice took on a threatening tone and her bright green eyes darkened in warning.

I don't know why she was so testy today.

Maybe because she found out you've been sporadically going to school a couple times a month. There was always that theory.

I stepped to it, running quickly to the Honda Accord and popping into the front seat. My mother revved the engine and sped down the street toward the fire station from our home on the edge of Coldspring. We turned at the gas station and stopped in front of a white block of a house that has ridiculous amounts of hateful graffiti on it. Stuck between two identical and peaceful looking pink houses with blue shingles was a block of concrete with two windows. I hopped out and headed towards the house and rapped on the and I heard a crash.

"Damn slut! You're the reason we have no one to support us!" A raspy voice snarled.

At that moment Russell darted out and stopped before me dressed impeccably. Her shirt was a blue clean press and she had on a lime green plaid skirt paired with black doc Martin's. She was breathing heavily and had a bruise on her cheek but she just skipped to the car. This was normal in the Demarcus house. Ever since her father was put away, Russell's mother hated her and blamed Russell because she testified to his being an incestuous pedophile.

Yeah, because it was Russell's fault that her father raped her.

I can't stand Mrs. Demarcus.

I hopped in the passenger seat and Russell was already sitting in the car and talking passionately with my mother about who was better: One Republic or Coldplay.

"Obviously, One Republic! They're life! They're album Native was just GENIUS and I love Apologize! It's so sweet and pretty." Russell argued.

"But Coldplay has more experience and everyone knows that The Scientist was a masterpiece and their albums are so amazing! They've been around forever making amazing music!" My mom shot back.