cinco: the cleanup

Della woke up to the sound of a blender whirring. She groaned and rolled over, suffocating herself with her pillow. Her head was past hurting and was now planning to murder her.

"Shut up!" she yelled into her pillow.

When the blender didn't stop whirring, Della huffed loudly and threw her pillow across the room. She got out from under her blankets and looked at herself in the mirror, grimacing slightly when she saw herself.

Her eyeliner was messed up and her hair looked like it had been put through a blender. She was still in the dress from last night and she wondered how she even got home and into bed - at this point, she didn't want to know.

She sighed and walked towards her ensuite bathroom before starting to tame her wild hair. After getting it slightly under enough control to put it into a high bun, she used her makeup remover and wiped off all the excess makeup that had been smudged on her face.

She changed out of the dress and into a comfortable sweater and sweats. After brushing her teeth, she made her way downstairs to see Isco something out of the blender and into a glass. He looked up at her and shot her a small smile.

"Buenos dias," he greeted. "Slept well?"

Della ignored his question and sat down on the stool by the island. She rested her head in her hands as she watched Isco from the corner of her eyes. "What time did you get home?" she asked him curiously. 

"Around 2 AM," Isco said quietly. Della wanted to ask him how she got home, but she doubted he knew the answer. "Hungover?" he asked, stifling a laugh at the look on her face. She nodded slowly and Isco grabbed a glass before pouring some more of the drink for her.

He pushed the drink towards her, "It's a banana smoothie, it's supposed to cure your hangover." he told her. Della scrunched up her nose but drank it anyway, slightly feeling her headache go away. 

Isco drank his glass and they sat there silently until Della's mother ran into the room, flailing her arms around. "Have you guys seen Diego? He hasn't called or anything since yesterday and I have to go to an open house." 

"I think he crashed at Bartra's house last night." Isco replied, "I can go and pick him up right now." he offered. Maria grinned happily, "Yes, please. Take Della with you, she's not doing anything." Maria said nonchalantly, looking through her bag for her keys.

Della groaned and held her head in her hands. Isco laughed and grabbed Diego's car keys from the table before following Della out the door.

+

"This place is a mess," Isco grimaced as he looked at the house. Toilet paper was all over the trees and there were red solo cups strewn on the green gras. "Let's go." he said, getting out of the car and slamming the door shut.

Della huffed and got out the car, following Isco into the house. Just as she expected, the inside was worse than the outside. People were still on the floor, some were passed out and some were just laying there and contemplating the meaning of life.

In the centre of it all was Marc, running a hand through his hair as he looked around the house in disbelief. Della didn't know what to stare at - a shirtless Marc Bartra or her passed out brother with a bra on his head.

"There he is," Della pointed out to Isco who walked over to Diego, slapping him awake. Marc looked around until his eyes met hers. He grinned and walked over to her, "Hey, you're back."

Della nodded, rubbing her eyes tiredly. "Yeah, I had to." she laughed, pointing at Diego. Della was trying her hardest not to look down and drool all over his abs. Marc grabbed a trash bag from the floor and began picking up the cups and stuffing them inside the bag.

"I blanked out last night, didn't know the house got this bad." Marc grumbled, grabbing some more cups and stuffing them inside. "I can help you if you want." Della blurted out. 

Marc looked up at her, his blue eyes glinting in the sunlight. He shot her a grin and nodded, "Yeah, sure." 

Della took Marc's trash bag while he went to wake the drunkies up. She picked up all the cups, making sure that she got every single one before tying up the full bag and setting it down in one corner of the house. 

People started to file out the house until there was only Diego, Isco, Della, Marc and some random guy who was still passed out on the floor.

"Great party, Bartra," Diego smiled as he leaned against Isco, "You should totally have another one." he said, flashing Marc a smile. Marc nodded, "Definitely." 

The four of them walked outside, Isco opening the door to the backseat and helping Diego get in without hitting his head. 

As Della was about to walk towards the car, Marc grabbed her wrist and gently tugged her back. Della squeaked and moved backwards until she was in front of Marc.

"You looked really pretty last night," Marc smiled. Della felt her heart thump inside her chest and the heat spread through her cheeks. "Uh...thanks." she smiled. Della glanced to her right, seeing Isco waving his hands at her.

"Do you maybe wanna hang out sometime? We could watch a movie, grab something to eat or something." Marc said lowly, leaning against the doorframe. Della gaped at him and fiddled with the hem of her shirt, still keeping her eyes locked onto his.

She nodded slowly, "Sure, that'd be nice."

Marc winked at her and let go of her hand, "Cool. I'll get your number from Isco, okay? We'll talk later." he smiled before ducking back into his house. Della held in the scream that she so badly wanted to let out and ran towards the car.

She got into the passenger seat beside Isco and quickly pulled the seatbelt over her chest, still grinning to herself. 

Isco started the car and looked at her suspiciously, "What did he say?" he asked. Before Della could say anything, Isco's phone buzzed on the dock in the car and they both looked at it in unison.

marc bartra: hey alarcon, can u give me della's number?? thinking of asking her out this weekend ;) 

Della looked up at Isco who was already looking at her with wide eyes, "Oh." he said briefly before turning back to the road and stepping on the gas and driving back home.

//

oooooOOo isco's jelly

so i haven't updated in 9 years and i'm so sorry  and this chapter is boring but i swear the next one is going to be interesting!! 

happy reading lovelies!xx