quatro: bartra's party

It was finally Friday in Barcelona and as expected, everyone was running around and telling their friends excitedly about their plans for the weekend. In this case, everyone was talking about Marc Bartra's party that night and what they were going to wear or how they were going to try and sneak in to the party.

"Damn, I'd kill someone to be invited to one of Bartra's parties," Chris sighed longingly as he and Della pushed their way to the cafeteria. "No, seriously - I could kill someone." Chris said quickly.

Della tuned him out as she remembered when Marc invited her to his party when they talked at the park and that she could invite as many people as she wanted. Chris would kill her if he knew that she got an invite and didn't tell him. 

Della wanted to go to one of Marc's famous parties but she would probably walk in, hang around for 3 minutes and then tumble out and never come back. 

Chris and Della walked into the class and sat down at their usual spots near the back of the class. Isco was already sitting there with Marc and the rest of his friends and they were talking about what they were going to do and wear tonight. 

Now all Della had to do was get through the day without someone mentioning the party to her or Chris. 

+

"This is so lame," Chris frowned as he sat on the couch cross-legged with Della as they both munched on chips. "People are out getting drunk and partying and dancing in some great party and we're sat in your living room eating chips and watching Mean Girls over and over again." he complained. 

Della rolled her eyes, "This is what we always do anyway, Chris."

"Shut up, don't remind me."

Della and Chris both looked up from the TV to see Isco and Diego walking down the stairs together. They both looked great and Della had to look away when she made eye contact with Isco. 

"Hey, guys," Diego smiled, "Having fun?" he asked, ruffling Della's hair. Della slapped his hand away and glared at him, "Shut up."

Diego exhaled, "Well, we're off to the party. See you around." Diego said before fishing his car keys out of his pocket. Isco turned towards Della and tilted his head before opening his mouth to say something. 

'No, don't say it. Don't say it.'  Della thought. 

"Della, didn't Marc invite you the other day?" he asked. 

Everyone was silent for a while until Chris let out a demonic screech. "Puta! You didn't tell me you were invited to Bartra's party!" Chris yelled, slapping Della's arm repeatedly. Della groaned and shoved Chris over before sending a glare in Isco's direction. 

"Why?" she mouthed over to Isco who raised his hands in surrender. Chris got up from the couch, sending little crushed up pieces of chips everywhere. "We are going, Della. Get your pretty little bum off the couch and go get ready. Go, go, go." 

"Can't we just stay home and-"

"Nope, not again. Come on, just go make yourself look presentable."

+

Della had no idea why she agreed to come to the party. She had no idea why she was in the backseat of her brother's car wearing a black dress that Chris picked out for her - even though she had to admit it looked nice. 

Chris was passionately singing to a Beyoncé song on the radio with Diego while Isco played a game on his phone. Della looked out of the window and hugged her arms around herself tightly.

Before she knew it, Diego stopped the car by a sidewalk and he turned off the car. There were cars everywhere and Della could already hear music from inside the house.