Chapter 24 - The Letter

- Still Megan's P.O.V -

It was six am when I woke up. I don't know why this early, but it's in the morning that the day begins, so I did my usual routine and after that my brain really woke up. Realizing that Jessie wasn't at home and that I needed to make decisions. I searched for a piece of paper, ending up finding my thoughts "diary". Well, I guess I found the right "friend" at the moment because I'm sure that I was going to write a lot of drafts until the perfect one.

Sitting on the grass of the backyard, feeling comfortable, I started writing...

I wrote about 3 letters. I was trying to write the right words to make her understand a little of what was in my mind and the reasons I was moving away. It was difficult to find the right words.

After connecting all the word in my head, I wrote them on the paper. I read it once, twice and even a third time to make sure that everything I needed to say was there. I didn't want to write a huge letter, just a letter where I said my reasons, not having to explicit everything. I knew that she was going to understand the letter, since the first paragraph. She knows me.

While I ended the letter and put it inside the envelope, Jackson jumped into my lap. He looked at me with those eyes of 'I understand that you're leaving Jessie and I and I'm sad'. I just hugged him thigh and said, I'll miss you too.

- Who's gonna miss who? – Jessie said behind me. Scaring me.

- Do you wanna kill me? – I asked – I... I'm gonna miss... – I looked once again to Jackson

- Why will you miss him? He's not going anywhere – she said confused

- He's not but I am – I got up and passed by her walking into the living room and making my way into the bedroom

She followed me and stopped at the door looking to what I was doing.

- What are you doing with those bags? – She asked

- I'm not gonna explain it to you face to face. I lost my courage yesterday. – I said, catching my travelling bags with the letter in the other hand and went to the door

- What the fuck are you doing? – She asked, kinda pissed. She was coming down the stairs.

We were in front of each other now. No eye contact, I couldn't look at her eyes.

- Can I hug you? – I asked and she nodded positively – Here – I gave her the letter

- What is this? – She asked

- You'll see, when you open it – she started opening it – not right now. Let me go and then you can open it – I said

- But I – I ignored what she was saying

- C'mon boy. Come here, say goodbye. – I called Jackson and gave him one last hug. With this I gave a little kiss on Jessie's forehead and walked out.

- Jessica's P.O.V

What is happening? I came back home and she went out without looking at me. I'm not understanding anything. I think I need a video of this scenario to understand. If this is because of what I said yesterday, she understood all wrong. I just asked her to stop treating me like her girlfriend and then push me away. I didn't want to put her fully away of my life or out of my house. I don't want her to take care of me like I'm her girlfriend, but I still want her by my side, as a friend.

I decided to open the letter and read it.

"Jessica,

I'm sure that you are not expecting this letter, but now that you're reading it I can't do anything. I'm not sure if this is the right decision, the only think that I'm sure now is that I can't make you feel something about me and then push you away. This hurts you and it hurts me the most because you really mean a lot in my life.

The walls that my brain builds around my heart are making me hurt you and that is something I never meant to do, so I'll just stay away of your life. I'll stay out of you daily life. I'll leave your house and I'll stay in a Hotel until I find my own place. I'm going to leave some of my stuff here, I hope you don't mind, I'll pick them up another day.

I'm sorry for doing this, but I can't stay here. If I stayed, I would have treated you the same way like I always do and push you away after all. I don't want that, but you can text me if you want or need to, I'll answer for sure.

I'm going to miss you and your hugs for sure and Jackson will stay in my mind, always. Thank you for everything and I'm sorry for everything.

Once again, don't ever think that I don't miss you or that I won't miss you because I will... I'm missing you right know... I'm sorry, I did it again.

You will always be in my mind,
Kisses,

Megan Beat."

- What the hell are you doing, Megan? - I asked out loud. A tear rolled over my face, reaching my jaw and falling into the letter... This could be part of a sad movie, I thought. 

~~~~

One month and a half passed since she left my house, giving me that letter. At our friendship separated lives, we kept speaking by text messages and it was going well. She was treating me as a friend, but then after a week, she stopped answering my calls, my text messages and all of that. Even Holly tried to call her and nothing, but soon I understood the reasons behind all of that.

Those Instagram photos of her, all romantic with another girl. 

_____________

Heyy... Short chapter but I hope you liked it.

Don't forget to wait for the next chapter. Things are going to get tough for Megan...