Part XVI

Part XVI

~Naruto~

I stand by a table in my stiff suit. The music is loud. All the boys are in their black and white suits and the girls all are in extravagant short dresses. Sasuke is to my left, and Sai to my right. We don't speak though, we're waiting on what we desire most to see: our girls.

I haven't really been to a formal event before. I've never been to a dance. It seems like there's more things to mess up than to get right. All I want to do is make sure this night is perfect for Hinata. I know how important dances are for girls.

Hinata has refused to tell me what her dress looks like. She told me that Ino said it's bad luck. It seems ridiculous how much thought is put into events like these. But I do wish to make this night special for Hinata.

I want to tell her I love her.

We've only been dating a month, but if what I feel for her isn't love, then I don't know what it could be. She's all that's on my mind. Her beauty is astounding. I know it's strange to feel this way so soon, but I can't picture myself without Hinata by my side.

Sai gasps beside me. Ino struts through the door.

Ino's dress is stunning. It's a deep violet with white gems bedazzling the bust if it. The dress is form fitting, showing off her fit body. I can almost feel Sai's blush.

"Don't drool," I say teasingly to Sai. Sasuke snickers, but Sai's eyes remain bound to Ino.

"Hello boys," Ino says happily, smiling ear to ear at the marvelous sight of us in suits.

"Where's Sakura?" Asks Sasuke immediately.

"And Hinata?" I tack on.

Ino laughs at our eagerness. "Trailing behind. They'll be floating through that door any second. They can't walk as fast as I can in heels."

Just as Ino finishes her sentence, Sakura enters the ballroom.

Sasuke's eyes widen at the sight. As a friend, she looks really good. Her dress is short in the front, but longer in the back, so it flows elegantly as she walks towards us. Her dress is a crimson red with strikes of sweet oranges and sunset pinks. My eyes flicker away from her and retrain themselves at the door, eagerly awaiting the arrival of Hinata.

The door slowly swings opens. The moment I catch a glimpse at her, my jaw drops.

She looks absolutely beautiful. Her dress is a lavender purple. It's strapless and has black lace covering the lavender that starts at the bottom of the bust and ends at the bottom of the waist. Where the lace ends, it puffs out just enough in beautiful ruffles that end about mid thigh. She looks absolutely stunning. Her hair is in big lose curls instead of the usual straight. Her makeup was applied with a light hand, accentuating her natural beauty.  I cannot stress enough how flawless she looks.

"Hinata," I mumble, unable to form sentences, for she took my breath away.

"Y-you look nice in your suit, Naruto," she compliments passively.

"You look..." I pause, unable to find a word that completely grasps how she looks tonight. "You look so beautiful."

Her blush reddens. "Thank you."

A song comes on and Hinata looks to the dance floor eagerly, but then back at the ground.

"Do you want to dance?" I ask her.

"O-oh, well, I don't really know how to dance," she says softly.

"Neither do I!" I confess lightly. She looks up and sees the smile in my face.