Part I

AUTHORS NOTE: I do not own the characters. This is a fanfiction. The only things that are similar are the characters and their personalities, meaning that even if you've never seen Naruto, you can still enjoy this. And if you've seen/watched it, then the experience is just enhanced. But please don't judge the series based upon this fanfic. In fact, this fanfic has nothing to do with the main story line. I hope you like it (:

Konoha High School (A Naruto Fanfiction)

Part I

~Sakura~

"Sakura! You're going to be late for your first day!" My mother calls. I take one last look in the mirror. I assess my look from head to toe, trying to think if this was acceptable for him. I haven't seen him since the last day of freshman year, and I am so nervous to reunite in homeroom. I don't know why, though. It's not like I have the slightest glimmer of a chance with him.

I rush down the steps and snatch my bag on the way out. I brush by my mother and father, kissing them on the cheek as I rush by. "Have a good day!" I hear my father bid as I run out the door.

I walk to school because konohagakure is a small village. You can get everywhere you need to go by walking. I don't even know anyone who owns a car. As I walk past Yamanaka Flowers, I wait by the wall. As minutes slug by, I pop my head in the door.

"Ino! We're going to be late!" I say, and see her running to her bag. "Hello, Mr. And Mrs. Yamanaka!" I say cheerfully to her parents.

"Hello Sakura!" Responds Mr. Yamanaka. "How nice of you to wait for Ino."

"Well, we are best friends," I laugh. "But we're going to be late."

"I'm here!" Ino calls as she runs to meet me at the door. She waves good bye at her parents and we walk with a sense of urgency in our step.

"What took you so long?" I patronize.

She scowls. "Well, I just had to look good! I haven't seen Sasuke in a week! I miss him and I want to look good for him!" She laughs and flips her long glossy blonde hair. She's the prettiest girl in the sophomore class.

I looked the other way. "He is your boyfriend. He's not going to judge you," I mutter. I'm upset a little bit by that, still. They've been dating all summer, so I've had plenty of time to get over the fact that I have a crush on him, and plenty of time to prepare to see them together on a daily basis. I've had a crush on the cool, good-looking, mysterious Sasuske Uchiha since we were in elementary school. But he's always been the most popular guy, who would never go for someone like me. I know that. He's much more suited for someone pretty like Ino, but such knowledge doesn't stop it from hurting.

"Sakura, once you get a boyfriend one day, you'll understand. You want to impress him. Speaking of which-" Ino stops walking and faces me. "You are getting a boyfriend this year."

I roll my eyes and keep walking. "Whatever."

"I can see it now," Ino continues, flinging her hands in the air as if she can see words written in bright glamorous lights. "Sakura Haruno: taken!"

"You're so dramatic," I mutter.

"Who do you like?" She pesters. "There's got to be someone! Konoha High is filled with attractive guys!"

But none more attractive than Sasuke. "No one."

"Liar!" Ino shouts. We approach the school grounds and I keep walking. "Fine," she gives up. "But one of these days I'm going to help you achieve the gift of happiness and love and warm fuzzy feelings!"

I laugh. "What ever you say, Ino." We walk into home room together and sit at the same desks we did last year. Just then, Hinata walks in.

"Hinata!" I wave her down and she rushes over. She takes a seat timidly.