Chapter 26

Matthew got us a table next to a panio. He had the panio player play a soft, sweet melody. He ordered for the both of us. He a two Steaks with cheese and mushrooms. He also ordered their most finest champagne.

I will say, I am loving this date so far.

"So Miss Hun-"

"Please call me Lelia." I think it's only fair, since I'm calling him by his first name.

"Okay. So Lelia, do you mind telling me how you got the job in finance?"

"Well my mother was in the store and had over heard Mrs. Higgins talking on the somebody about she needed to find someone to work in the finance department. And well here I'm."

"That's fascinating. What college did attend?"

"University of Washington." I was going to go to 

"Oh that's a good school. What did you major in?"

"Mathematic Economics. I was a bit of a nerd in high school." I remember in high school I was in the math club and studied day and night.

"You remember that?" he nods his head.

Yeah. I also remember when you spilled spaghetti on my favorite shirt." I can't believe he remembered all of those things that happen years ago. 

"I-I have to tell you something. I remember yoy too."

He lays back in his seat and folds his arm." Why didn't say anything?"

"Because I thought you didn't remember me and i didn't won't to embarrass myself."

I have embarrass myself to many times.

"And while were talking about the pass and all I have one more thing to say." I take a deep breath. "I had a crush on you on high school."

He does not say anything until a couple of seconds later. "I know."

What?

"You knew?"

"Leila you use to stare at me all day. And think one of your good friends as mentioned it once or twice."

"Sarah?" He nods his head yes.

"And your friend Lisa."

Lisa was my only friend in high school. She went to California for school. We still talk from time to time.

"Oh. "

"Oh? That's all you can say is oh?"

What else I'm I suppose to say.

I shrugs my shoulders. " I don't know what else to say. I know you don't like me back."

He raise his eyebrows at me." How do you know that? I would have never asked you out if I didn't Lelia."

"Sooo w-what are you saying?"

He leans forward and puts his hands on the table. "I had a crush on you too."

What?

"And I also like you."

........

After our date, Matthew drives me home. He opens the door for me and walked me up to my door of my home.

"I had a really good time tonight Lelia."

"I did too."

He turns to face me. "I hope I can take you out some other time."

"How's about next Saturday night?"

"O-okay I'll uh see you next Saturday seven."

"Okay. See you then." he takes a stwp forward and grabs my hand.

What is he doing?

He looks up at me and leans down to kisses it.

Oh my goodness. Matthew my boss and high school crush just kiss my hand.

"See you at work Miss Hunter." he says as he walk off to his car.

"Y-you too." I open my door and went in the house ro call my mother snd Sarah to tell rhem about my date.