Chapter 22 - The Open Up

Start from the beginning

We only stopped until there's water coming out on our eyes and a knock on the door.

"I'll get it Mom you can get ready for work after all I still have few hours to go before my shift." I picked up the plates.

She gave me a nod and proceeds to her room. As soon as I get to the door and saw Karl I froze then I noticed his holding a bouquet.

"Hey Kitten, miss me?" He hand me over my favourite flower.

Damn! I should have gone to the bathroom first. What if I have floss in my teeth or my hair is like a raccoon?

Note: Checked myself before opening the door next time.

"Hey stranger, come in. Thanks but what is this for?" I let him in.

"I just found it lying outside the porch and picked it up." He mocked me.

"Sarcasm will get you nowhere tell me what these flowers are for before I shove it to your mouth?" I countered.

"Isn't too obvious I want to impress you with my romantic side?" He winked at me.

"Are you sure you're not giving this to get a favour or anything in return?" I raised an eyebrow.

"You sure are hard to please Kitten if you don't want them I'll just throw it out." His face turned hurt.

"No! I mean I like it you just surprised me I'm not used to guys giving me flowers. Sorry I hurt your feelings." I reached for his hand and noticed a ring.

"Really? I mean a beautiful woman like you didn't get any? There must be something wrong with the guys then." He sounded amuse.

"Let's just say no guys had the chance to talk to me and if there's any I shut them out." I bared almost my whole life with him.

"What about the prom night?" He seems interested to know more.

"Nope! I'm a loner and reading is my past time going to party and having social life is out of my list. If it wasn't for my best friend I wouldn't attend those events." I placed the bouquet on the vase.

"Let me get this straight I'm the only guy that catches your attention?" He boosts his own confidence.

"Yeah apparently the only one who got huge ego as the planet earth!" I exasperatedly sigh.

"Believe me it's really huge wanna see how big it is and check your theory?" He smirked.

"What the!! You're disgusting!!" I was ready to beat him with this vase.

"Violent are we Kitten?" He moved to the side.

"So I've been told now behave and sit like a good boy." I pointed the couch.

"How was your first day at work?" He surrendered his hand in the air.

Once again I make him known what happened and he couldn't stop laughing either. His hand accidentally brushed on my thigh just in time Mom comes out and saw it. Great!

"Hi, Eloise! How are you?" Karl waved his hand.

"I'm good thanks anyway I'll leave you two alone I need to leave for work." Mom grabbed her coat.

"Be safe Mom. I love you." I ushered her to the door.

"Love you back sweetie I gotta run." Mom kissed my cheek.

I sat on the couch again the fact that we are so close adding up the dream I had with him makes my face red as lobster. God! I need to stop thinking about that kiss!

"So what's keeping you busy these days?" I started the conversation again.

"Some serious family issue but it's all sorted out now." Karl answered in brief.

"Do you live alone or with them?" I creased an eyebrow.

"Alone since I'm not in good terms with my parents." His words filled with regrets.

"Why? I mean if you're okay with it I'm willing to listen." I feel he got more baggage.

"They blamed me for my sister's death since then they seldom talk to me." He seems very upset.

"I'm sorry for your loss Karl." I grabbed his hand.

We stayed silent after that how I wish I can return the favour of helping him.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter ;)

Thank you so much!

••••• MJ Cristine