Worth It

Karlie's P.O.V

"Karlie come quick!" is the scream I hear from Taylor while I'm preparing dinner for us in our apartment in Nashville. "What?" I call back as I run up the stairs and slide into our master bedroom. There I see Taylor jumping up and down in her lacy red underwear and matching bra. Dirty thoughts cross my mind until I see her shining blue eyes centimetres away from my own eyes. Leaping backwards in shock I'm quick to respond to her tears that are streaming down her face. "What's wrong Taylor?" I instantly ask, pulling her body towards mine and taking note of the way we fit perfectly together. She pulls back and instantly reveals a long white stick. My throat tightens the same way it has for the last six months that we have been trying to get pregnant. Of course money isn't an issue with us being at the top of our fields right now but it emotional drag has been getting us down. "Oh Taylor, okay we can try again another time..." she instantly whacks me. "Ouch, that hurt?" Taylor hands me the stick and I grab it, turning it the right way I see a red plus in the box. My eyes blink as Taylor watches me, I feel butterflies forming but I have to confirm what I'm seeing so I quickly walk towards our bathroom and look at the instructions on the box. It says it perfectly clear. A plus is pregnant a line is not pregnant and I'm staring at a definite red plus. Dropping the test in shock I walk back towards Taylor who is still in the same spot. "Really?" I question. She nods and rushes towards me. "Really!" I lean in and meet her ruby red lips as we kiss sharing every positive feeling we have with each other. The kiss symbolises months of heartbreak and empty promises that have finally come true. As we part lips I kneel down before Taylor and press kisses on her lower abdomen where our child is nestled safe in Taylor's womb. Rising I meet Taylor's stare and say. "We're pregnant baby!" she smiles and nods.
"That we are my beautiful wife."

The next few months fly by, Taylor goes out on a small 'Going Away' tour when she is three months pregnant and for once I take four months off to go with her. We are travelling all around the U.S and making stops at major support cities, three shows in New York, where we once lived after we came out as a couple, three in L.A where we got married, three in Nashville where we now live, accepted for who we are and at least one city in every state so people can hear her sing one last time before she takes an extended break and our baby is born. All the doctors have told us that she can be on the road until she is seven months pregnant and that is when they will no longer allow her to fly or be in unsafe circumstances. Luckily all her fans are excited beyond belief and she has turned the set list over to the fans listing songs that can be played acoustically so she can sit down. The set list will remain the same for the whole four months we are out and we are arranging a different opening act for every stop. They will all be famous singers and have agreed to help us out. Even Katy Perry offered to do one of our L.A shows. She's really come along since John Mayer cheated on her and she was suddenly in the same boat as Taylor had once been. It was touch and go for a while since Taylor found it hard to forgive but eventually we all moved forward and they are now good friends again.

Taylor's P.O.V

It's the last night of the 'Going Away' tour and I can't help but feel it all, we are finishing the last night here in Nashville, the place that accepted me and made me who I am. I start the night off with the first song anyone ever heard from me on the radio. Tim McGraw and following the fans favourite songs through the albums; Cold As You, Teardrop On My Guitar, Fifteen, Fearless, Hey Stephen, Jump Then Fall, Mine, Ours, Change, 22, Begin Again and finishing off with Wonderland because with my fans we really did find wonderland. Right now I'm in my dressing room getting ready to go. There's no one here except for me and my baby, and as I warm up my voice with some of my collaborative songs the baby begins to kick. Standing and allowing myself more air to breathe, I launch into Safe and Sound by the Civil Wars and myself before a hand snakes around me and lands on the bump. The hand is then joined by another arm and warm lips on the side of my neck. Gradually turning I see Karlie's bright smile and I know it's all worth it. Sure I will miss preforming but looking at the way my wife is looking at me right now I know that family will always come first and as I'm about to lean in to kiss Karlie an assistant walks past calling for two minute calls. I sigh as Karlie presses a kiss to my forehead and bends to kiss the baby before walking us towards the stage and giving me a last pep talk to be safe. I smile and walk onstage. "How did you all like the opening act tonight Nashville?" I question a screaming crowd; taking out my inner ear's to hear them yell back. "Good, good..." I state. "So the reason behind this tour is that you can see I'm pregnant..." more cheers erupt the packed Bridgestone Arena. "So this is goodbye for now, but not forever. I'll never forget what it was like when I used to open for every major country headliner in Nashville and this was my opening song." I pick up my old 'Taylor' guitar and begin to strum the opening notes and sing into the microphone in-front of me. "When you think Tim McGraw..." and before I fully appreciate what is happening it's all over. I'm sitting on the couch in the apartment and Karlie is talking to her manager getting the shoots organized for six months after the baby comes because Karlie wants to be another hands on mom too. I listen to her soft voice talk and without meaning to I fall asleep barely aware of the cats settling beside me and Karlie kissing my head delicately before we all wake the next morning.