Chapter 19: Lloyd

*LUKE'S POV*

"Seriously, man, I think I might be in love with her... I mean, I've never felt like this before about someone so this must be 'love', right?" Nate stated.

"Let me get this straight, you're in love with the woman who robbed you?" I made a face.

"Yeah, I guess that's it." The guy shrugged.

"Where am I?" We heard Juliet speak.

"Oh God, she's finally awake! Time to propose..." Nate whispered the last part to me.

I might have to 'knock' some sense into him if he does propose in the spur of the moment.

"Look around you woman, you're at the hospital." I rolled my eyes.

"Let's get married!" I heard Nate say.

"Excuse me?" Juliet looked at Nate in a weird way.

"Forgive him, he just escaped from the mental ward." I tried to drag Nate out of the room with all my might.

"Deputy Lawson, why are you still here?" Nate asked the man in uniform once we got out of Juliet's ward.

"I still have a few questions to ask Ms. Lloyd regarding the kidnapping incident. Is she awake?"

"You can ask me about MY kidnapping if you want." I said.

"We've already got your statement so that won't be necessary anymore."

"And like I said, she's not an accomplice. She even tried to help me escape, remember?" I covered for her.

I don't know why I'm doing this though.

"Yeah. Well, I have other questions in mind." The Deputy said.

"Like what?" Nate pressed.

"Stuff..."

"I'm not convinced. I bet you're just going to ask for her number or something." Nate got jealous.

"I have a badge and a warrant. What do you have?" Lawson retorted.

"I have money and... dignity." Nate blurted out.

"Or just the first one." I mumbled to myself.

"Just let the guy interview her, mate. It's not like you have anything to lose anyway." I added.

"Dude, just look at him, he clearly works out thus he's a potential competition." Nate whispered to me.

"Yep, I'm going to have to admit you in the mental ward for real this time due to your paranoid thinking." Once again, I dragged the guy away.

*CHER'S POV*

Who was that blonde guy?

And why do I have a number written on the palm of my hand and the words 'Call me'?

"Juliet?" An officer entered the room.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

I'm guessing this guy's an acquaintance of Juliet's. I mean, technically, everyone is. I don't really know anyone.

"Fine, I guess. Am I under arrest?" I had to ask.

"No, why would you think that?"

"Because... you're a police officer?"

"And can't a police officer be concerned of the welfare of others?" He chuckled.

"Um... sure." What does this guy want anyway?

"Where are you planning to stay after your hospitalization?" He asked.

"Um... I'll figure it out eventually."