Chapter Sixteen

After all the mayhem dies down Mr Jens explained that the school wanted try this new project just to see if it helped decrease teen pregnancy. All the guys seemed to feel uncomfortable along with some girls, but there was no way we could change the board's mind.

" Julianna, Luke. Come pick your child." Jens orders. We dash out of our seats and Luke sticks his hand in the jar. After he pulls his hand out and opens the piece of paper, he just stares at it, face blank of expression. Curiosity finally got the best of me and I stretched to my tip toes, looking over his shoulders trying to see what's on the paper.A gush of wind leaves my lungs at what's written on it, already dreading this idiotic project. TWIN BOYS. It read in bold letters.

"Uh, Mr Jen this can't be right." I stutter, completely startled with the piece of paper. Mr Jens comes to us and takes the paper from a still frozen Luke, his eyes darting from the two words imprinted on the sheet, a broad smile glossing on his young, handsome face.

"Congratulations!" Mr Jens hands us two blonde plastic babies, one has beautiful ocean blue eyes as the other one has peppermint green eyes, both looking so alike except the eyes. "Here are your sons, now go over to Mrs. Jens' room to get the baby bags, carriers, clothes and paperwork." he recites, sending us to his wife,(yes sadly, he's already taken.) completely fine with the result of us dealing with twins mannequins. If he only new I already have a ban to look after.

"But-" Luke tries to object, finally coming back to life.

"No butts. NEXT!" Mr. Jens calls Brenda and Jared, who both seem eager for a child... If they only knew. We each hold one boy, Luke more awkwardly than me, as we walk out the door and down the hall. Its stunningly quiet in the always loud hallway, vacant of any other students then ourselves causing mayhem.

"So, what will we name them?" Luke's voice breaks the silent hallway. I turn my head to look up at him and shrug, not really sure on names.

"Any ideas?" He quizzes, a frown forming on his eyebrows as he studies the silent little toys in our arms. I loom down and meet its plastic, fake blue eyes that seem to be the exact shade as mine, with Luke's blond, wavy hair and a light caramel tone skin. It's like Mr. Jen had them personally made for us. I shutter the thoughts away and think of names.

"I want them to have the same first letter." I tell him finally. I always think its cute when twins have the same first letter in their names, don't ask why.

"What about Adam and Alan?" Luke suggest as we finally come to Mrs.Jens' room and opens the door, letting me step inside first.

I shake my head no just as we walk into a beautifully lit room with empty desks.

"Oh, I see my husband already started that horrible project." The beautiful brunette woman stands from her desk, her warm brown eyes darting from each doll in our arms, a grim look on their face. We both look at each other before bobbing our heads in affirmative at her.

"Well, here are two baby carriers, one blue and one green so you can always tell them apart." She states as she sets the carriers on the wooden desk, not knowing that the dolls have different set of eye colors.

"Thank you." Luke smiles gratefully, placing his baby in the green one, matching his eyes while I place the blue eyed one in the blue one.

"Also, here are the baby bags. They already have diapers, bottles and you are allowed to choose their only baby outfit, the rest you will have to buy. And believe me, you will have to buy some." She whispers, as if it was a secret she wasn't allowed to share. Luckily I save all of Drew's clothes in boxes, we can just use those for the fake babies so our grade won't drop. We all chuckle before Luke and I go to the row of baby clothing and scan the rows.

"What about these." I ask Luke, grabbing two sets of dark jeans, small, black converse, gray beanies, cute a cute sweater, one once again blue and one green with a little design across the chest in white and white button up shirts.

"That's good." Luke nods in confirmation, taking them from my hands and going over to the teacher, seeing if its okay.

After she gives us a few sheets that we need to turn in by tomorrow, we are good to leave for the rest of the hour. We start heading to the exits of the building, since it's our last class for the day we decide to just text everyone that we're going to my house. As we reach the double doors leading to freedom I hear footsteps squeaking against the aluminum floor behind us.

"Jules! We got a baby girl! We're naming her Ivy!" Brenda gushes over to me, showing me a pretty brown haired baby doll with her brown eyes and olive skin tone sitting in a baby carrier in Brendas arms.

"No, we are not naming any of my daughters Ivy, her names Daisy." Jared argues, snatching the doll from my best friends hands.

"No, its Ivy!" She hisses, eyes narrowing to scowl at her fake babies father. I can hear Luke trying to contain his laughter as we stand there, watching our friends fight over a doll's name for another 5 minutes, waiting to see Brenda throat punch Jared any second.

"Let's go, we have time to go to your house before everyone else and we can get Drew on the way." Luke says, grabbing ahold of my elbow and tugging me lightly to the school exit, completely over these two bickering. I nod my head in agreement and follow more than willingly toward the exit leading to the lot full of cars.

Luke sends Jared a text to take his car home and we settle in my car after buckling the boy's in and head to get my little man.

The car ride isn't awkward, we hold a decent conversation about what to name the dolls and how I'm going to have my hands full now with one actual baby and two fake plus little Vi. We agreed that it was better if we somehow alternated days so it wouldn't get so overwhelming and agreed I would start with them today.

Arriving at the day care I notice not a lot of cars were parked today, maybe a slow day?

"I'll be right back, can you scoot blue eyes to the center so I can buckle Drew I ?" I ask Luke stepping out of my car with the engine still running to the car will stay warm when I bring Drew out.

"On it." He nods, unfastening his seatbelt before unbuckling his belt and getting on the task.

It was the usual routine picking up Drew and make my way out, seeming look waiting outside of the car leaving casually against the back passenger door.

"You didn't have to wait outside." I laugh, pulling the door handle open and setting Drew in perfectly before rounding the car to the drivers side.

"I'm nothing but a gentleman." He chuckles settling in the passenger seat and shutting the door gently behind as to not "wake up" the dolls or Drew who is actually really asleep.

I quickly drive out of the lot and head home, hoping Isaac and Vi are already there.

*****************************
Any suggestion for the names? Cmon guys, don't be ghost readers or I will take this story down.