Chapter Fourteen

"Listen here bitch, you have a week to end whatever it is you have with MY Isaac or else, your little DREW will get hurt. Understood Montenegro?" Chelsea hissed, her cat shape nails cutting into my shoulder out of nowhere, spinning me around to come face to face with the mess she calls a face.

How many times must we go through this? I mentally groan, slowly peel her fingers off me like the filthy things they are and create much needed space between us without breaking eye contact. It is ridiculous how far teenage girls will go just because of an itty bitty crush on a boy who shows no interest, it can't be healthy.

"Chelsea. I already told you to leave me alone." I spoke slowly, as if communicating with a three year old. "And if you EVER threaten me with harming Drew, I'll make sure to give your brain a jump start with my fist. Understood?" I hiss, anger pumping through my body at the mere thought of someone harming my baby.

Her brown eyes widen at the change in my attitude, the venom astonishing both of us. The crowded hallway seems to have frozen, every student's eyes locked on us. I stand my ground and pray that Brenda or one of the guys will magically show up and whisk me away.

"You got a week, Montenegro, or else I'll-" she points a perfectly manicured finger points at me, her eyes shifting into slits as hatred oozes out of them like someone twisted a lever and let it all flow out.

"Or else you'll what?" a deep voice demands. I quickly search for the owner of the voice and a content sigh escapes my lips at the sight of Isaac and Luke standing besides me out of thin air like they teleported from who knows where. With a cocky smirk I turn the the Queen Bee and see her shell shock face.

Whispers rise all around as the guys focus on Chelsea, who looks like a deer caught on headlights about to be run over.

"You were saying?" Luke props, raising a perfect eyebrow primping her to give them an answer. Chelsea shakes her head and blinks rapidly, as If coming out of a trance. But like all good things, she snaps out of it with a shake of her head before glaring at me again.

"Nothing, I was just reminding her-" she enables with confidence returning to her stance.

"Get lost Chelsea." Isaac cuts her off sounding completely uninterested in what she has to say, entwining our hands together before dragging me down the hall without another glance back at her.

I spot Brenda chatting away with Jared, who has a huge grin on his face. They seem to be in their own little bubble way from any other human being and just enjoying each other's presence, completely unaware of what just went down. I smile at the thought of those two dating.

Brenda is a strong, independent, one track mindset of girl with a stubborn attitude and a feisty side. Jared, a sweet, calm, funny and optimistic guy who no doubt in my mind would be perfect for her. As we approach them, Jared glanced our away and I felt a smirk form on my lips. I wiggle my eyebrows up and down and watch as a rosy color invades his cheeks.

We stand there chatting for a moment until Nick and Caleb finally appear, sweat and a horrid stench tagging along with them.

"We had to go to the opposite side of the building because this idiot forgot his phone." Nick explains as we descend the steps to reach parking lot filled with eager teens wanting to get off school premises as soon as possible.

"I can go get Violet so you guys don't have to go across town." Luke offers, opening his car door ands sliding behind the wheel as we all come to surround him. We all agree to meet at my place and soon drive off in our own directions. Isaac is driving my car towards Drew's day care as I sit in the passenger side, getting a head start on my algebra homework knowing I should try to get it out of the way as soon as possible so I won't be trying to rush through it while attending to Drew.