Chapter One

I wonder if Drew's going to be okay on his first day back? I pounder, taking a seat at the same table we sat at last year, far away from the center table. I hate being in the overly crowded, smelly cafeteria, I can't even enjoy the 45 minutes of freedom given to me without having to watch over my shoulder to see if anyone is going to throw food at me. I'd rather stay away from all those annoying and cocky jocks and over perfumed airhead cheerleaders, thank you very much. But Brenda texted me earlier saying to be at our table until she found me. With a defeated sigh I pull out my sketch book and start doodling, hoping inspiration will grace me. I haven't had a chance to pick up a pencil to book in a while. I try to clear my mind and just enjoy the nice breeze softly hitting my face, making my hair sway alongwitha deep sigh I put the pencil down over the black sheet a heave a deep, resigned sigh and close my eyes, letting worry envelop me in an unwelcome embrace.

Back to what's important. I think to myself. I can't help but worry about Drew. I mean, he's barely going to be seven months and here I am trying to finish up my senior year of high school while he's sitting in daycare. Do all mothers feel this way? Or is it only me? I hope Kelly remembered his feeding schedule. I did pack his favorite teddy bear right? I might have to shoot Kelly a text before class starts. I rant to myself, but instead of waiting I quickly pull out my cracked up IPhone and tap away on its screen, asking her how's he doing and if Sir Ted is in his bag. Don't ask why the teddy bears named that, I don't even know.

"I can't believe she was abducted at age three!" My best friend, Brenda exclaims, pulling me out of my train of thought. I quickly snap my gaze back up from my phone screen and see her staring at me impatiently as she's somehow managed to appear from thin air.

Her long brown hair is curled and styled into half up half down do with a black scrunchy . Her face is a little flush from rushing over I guess but her blush T-shirt and ripped blue jeans make her look like a model about to do and Abercrombie and Fitch photo shoot. All in all, my best friend is gorgeous and she sure as hell knows it.

God, I wish I had her simple life style sometimes. I mentally sigh, being able to watch tv as long as I wanted or have all the time to do my hair and actually look decent for the day. But my little munchkin is all that I need.

"Well, what did you expect? The title is Finding Carter. So, obviously they had to do some sort of a disappearance in order for the title to work." I said shrugging, averting my gaze back down and carefully poke at my school cafeteria food, if you can even talk it that. I don't know if I grabbed the scrambled eggs or oatmeal for breakfast, it looks disgusting either way. There's literally unknown fluids spreading on the plate from it and even that makes it looks worse.

Shoving my horrendous smelling breakfast away I heard the cafeteria doors that lead outside being slammed open for a dramatic entrance I presume. Reluctantly, I twisted around my seat and spot none other than Caleb, Nick, Isaac, Jared and Luke. Our own school's Bad Boys, or how the swooning girls call them: the Fantastic Five. I can hear all the girls squealing or gushing about how hot the guys are, rolling my eyes at their lunatic fan girl-ing over them, as if they were these top notch celebrities, but once again, I roll my eyes and stare back at the disgusting food before picking up the only edible thing on the tray- my apple. I see everyone turning to see home descend as if they just witnessed Gods appear before them. with a shake of my head, I avoid looking directly at any of them.

"Let's get out of here." I suggest returning my gaze to an awestruck Brenda who's now practically drooling into her orange juice as the guys make their glorious way past the giggling cheerleaders to the football field out back, not caring about all eyes looking at their every move as if they've grown use to it, which I guess they have since this has been going on for so long. How people haven't gotten use to them is beyond me, but I guess in a small town nothing ever changes.