5. The Threats

These are the siblings, Eros and Qira (Btw, pronounced Kíra)

I have a thing for Michael Malarkey, don't judge.

Love,
Sapphire_Pages

◇▪◇▪◇▪◇▪◇▪

The shadow moved so we could see him. He was a handsome, tall and muscular man with dark hair. He wore a black long sleeve shirt that hugged his well-built chest and jeans. He looked like us, just a vampire. Then I saw his eyes. His blood dark red eyes, it sent a shiver down my spine: he fed off of humans. He also wasn't alone, a small girl followed him, she was short and had the same eyes as the male and a red pixie haircut. "I'm Eros and this is my little sister Qira. We mean no harm to you, but we are here to warn you, Janeane Harris."

I stiffen and let out a low warning hissed, "How do you know my name?"

A small smile formed on his lips, "I can read minds like you, Sweetheart," He told me.

"Right, and I'm assuming you can fly too."

He narrowed his eyes and I rose an eyebrow, challenging him. "They don't know, do they?"

Fuck. My eyes widen, "Don't."

I balled my fists as he revealed my secret, "What else haven't you told us?" Abby hissed.

"It's nothing, Abby."
Vincent walked towards them, "We should talk somewhere else. Robin, we will discuss the treaty furthermore on a separate occasion."

"They intruded our land, I need to know what's going on, " he said.

"Your life, mutt." The girl, Qira, said, only making him growl.

"Let's go." I said as I scanned Eros' head, but he blocked me with a smirk.
'He really is like me,' I thought, 'He can read people's minds....but how?'
By the time we all got to the house, Abby had begun to ambush me with questions.

"Why haven't you told us about this? When were you planning to? How does it work? Is it like my ability? What can you hear? Can you hear everyone's thoughts? Every thought? Why aren't you answering me?"

"Shut up," I told her.

Vincent let out a sigh, "Why haven't you told us?" Why did you keep it a secret?"

"I found out a week or so after my rebirth a-and, I wasn't planning to tell you because of this exact situation. I don't know how to works or if it's like your ability, Abigail. Yes, I can hear everything, but I always tune it out. It is too much all at once and it drives me insane. I can't have a moment of silence because every second I am invaded by thoughts. I lost the privacy of my own head and I didn't want you guys to know because of that. I would always have someone trying to tell me something. At least by keeping it on the low, I gave you a sense of privacy. I can't always hear everything. Most times I don't. And I can't hear wolves for some reason. Any more questions or are you going to shut up?" I said, rubbing my temples as their minds were going wild with instances and memories of our conversations.

Kenneth looked at me, 'You can hear me? Can't you?'

I nod at him, "Yeah, I can."

"I am sorry you had to deal with that, Jane, I just wished you would have told us sooner." She muttered.

Vincent turned and looked at the pair od strangers. He would deal with me later, "You said you came to warn my daughter, warn aganist who? " Vincent asked as we all stood in the kitchen.

Well let me start from the beginning.Royalty is something all the creatures have, Witches have-" Eros gestured Abby to say it.

"Grand Witches." She said, confused as to why this Eros character was making a show of things.