Chapter 3

Dedicated to chemgeek2011 for the encouragement. I was going to give up on this story. But here's a new chapter! Sorry if I'm a little rusty :p Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------

It turned out they did not get detention after all, but a lecture on following rules, 'how they were so irresponsible' followed. Scorpius did not remember the hall being so long. Miss Crepsley let them go after a while though. Scorpius learned that the girl's name was Juni Vane and was also a Slytherin. When the conversation went around what familiar they had, Scorpius replied that he had an owl named Fickle, but would have loved to bring along the rest of his friends here. He told her of the little farm he had back at home. Juni smiled and dug in her pocket carefully, removing a little triangle headed creature from her pocket. Scorpius's eyes widened. 

''They allowed you to bring a snake here?'' Scorpius asked.

''It's not poisonous and does not even bite...much.'' Juni replied.'' I named him Solofein.''

''Nice.'' Scorpius commented, but did not touch the animal. The snake could not be 30 centimetres long but it brought back the only two day old memories. 

''So where are you headed?'' She asked, putting the snake back in her pocket.

 He was not sure if he wanted Juni to come along with him yet. She was not good at keeping quiet. Perhaps he had to find a way to ditch her or something, but was too soft to do something like that. It turned out he did not have to do that at all though.

''Uh...I haven't deci-'' Scorpius started when he spotted a group of students only a few steps from them. There was actually three girls and a boy. And not just any boy. Albus Potter. The red haired girl was unmistakeably Rose Weasley. They stared right back at them, stopping any conversation they were previously holding, but then continuing in soft whispers as they stared at them.

Scorpius was ill at ease and just looked away, down- anywhere really- stepping slightly aside hoping they will pass by. He was a pacifist by character and hated any kind of tension. And boy hadn't he been around tension during his short life!

He could not help but notice that for Juni, it was a whole different story. She stood straight, her chin in the air as she stared back at them hard, as if they were scum. Scorpius stared at her in wonder, willing her to stop but to no avail.

''...why not? It's time to get over this nonsense!'' Rose finished in a whisper close enough for Scorpius to hear. Apparently she was shushing an uncertain Albus.

''Hi! I'm Rose Weasley!'' She greeted enthusiastically coming forward, beaming at Scorpius and Juni. She extended a hand to Scorpius which he automatically shook even though he was kind of shocked.

When he did not say anything, she proceeded to introducing the others. Albus just nodded and looked as ill at ease as Scorpius felt. The brunnete next to Rose was Margaret and the mousy auburn haired girl was Abigail or Abby.

Meanwhile Scorpius had recovered enough to introduce himself and Juni- who had maintained her stance of bratty queen. Rose should have known better than to offer her hand. Juni looked at it like it was actually dipped in horsecrap and looked away. Scorpius actually felt embarassed and sorry for her.

''So where are you guys headed?'' Rose asked, her cheeks flushed from the embarrassment.

Scorpius was suddenly eager to relieve the tension like he was so used of doing.'' We have no plans. Uh- atleast I don't...How about you guys?''

There! He was proud of himself for behaving normally. It seemed to work. Rose had him to focuss on instead of Juni. They could talk like she was not even there. Well almost.

''Just walking around.'' Rose replied vaguely, digging her hands in her jeans, but then seemed to change her mind and added conspicuously, ''Actually we were going to hit the kitchens!''

Scorpius could not help but notice the slight jerky movement of Albus. It was as if the boy was too late in preventing Rose from committing mistake.

''You guys wanna come?'' Rose asked, looking mostly at Scorpius.

''...Um...Isn't that kind of- out of bounds for students?'' Scorpius asked uncertainly.

''Yeah, but who cares?!'' Rose added and laughed. Scorpius could not help a chuckle. Juni turned to him like he had just slapped her but then turned her head away, rolling her eyes.

''Sorry, I can't come.'' She said simply and turned to Scorpius expectantly. 

Scorpius frowned. He had had time to come to his senses from this unexpected encounter.

Scorpius shook his head,'' I can't come either.''

Rose noticed his uncertain tone. ''Come on! What do you have to do? You just said you did not have any plans, right?''

''...Yeah,''Scorpius relented,''...but I just remembered that I...I have to change my socks!''

Ok, that was pretty lame. But nothing came to him then.

''Come on! We don't bite!'' Albus said finnally. Scorpius looked at him, surprised. But Albus looked pretty genuine about wanting him to come.

''Well...ok!'' Scorpius replied. If someone would ask him why he said yes then, he will honestly have no idea what to say. Hardly anyone noticed Juni turn around and storm away. They just filled Scorpius in on where the kitchen was and how exciting Hogwarts is proving to be. Scorpius could not really grasp the feeling of the moment. Was this how it feels like to just be free, make friends and not care?