Chapter 27 - Hot Coco

Check out the TAWF trailer on the side x

Chapter 27

"Alright year tens, your project is due this Thursday!"

Many students groaned at the announcement, including myself. Ace glanced at me before returning his attention back to the teacher.

"I hope you all have finished with the car and ready to present it by then. If not, then the whole group will get a zero." He said sternly, acknowledged the fact that many of his students weren't enthusiastic.

I buried my head between my arms and sighed inwardly. I was stressed by the fact that my plan wasn't finished, and that I couldn't afford to fail this term. My parents were really hoping that I'd get a good grade for this class, and I didn't want to disappoint them. A warm hand touched my forearm and I turned my head to the right.

"What's wrong?" Ace asked.

"I'm just worried is all. We only have 2 more days until it's due. I haven't finished the plan-"

"Wait, you haven't?"

I gave him a pointed look.

He raised his hands, "Alright I'm guilty too; I haven't finished the presentation either."

I groaned again, "There goes the big fat zero!"

"Hey, we're going to my house today remember? We can quickly finish it by then and celebrate it with some snacks."

"Don't keep my hopes up; I doubt we'll finish it by today."

"Stop being so negative about it Ivy, it's not good for you." He said with a frown.

I felt guilty, "Sorry, I'm just really stressed at the moment."

"That's okay, I understand."

I stood up straight and gave him a grateful smile. Usually, no one would put up with my crap this far, but I was blessed to have a friend like him.

I bent down and took out the blueprints. It was third quarter done, and all I needed to do was put my working out to it. Teacher hinted out to the class that by putting Physics working out on the plan, we may get extra points. I remembered some equations about acceleration from two terms ago. It was a pain at first, but eventually I got the hang of it.

It was the eighth week of term four, nearing the school holiday. I was planning to go to Adventure World with my friends to spend the hot days with, eating ice cream and all. Also, the feel of getting electrocuted was not appealing to me. On a forty seven degrees afternoon.

Great.

I looked up at him, realizing what he meant by 'understand', "That's not what I meant!"

He tried to cover his smile, "What is?"

"That t-that," I tried to find the right words so the boys around us won't hear, "red Niagara Falls are coming down!"

Ace burst out laughing, "What the heck? Red Niagara Falls?"

"You know what I mean." I hissed, slapping his arm in return.

He hissed in pain, "Ouch woman, no need to be aggressive on that time of the-"

Slap.

"-okay okay I'll stop the joke! Jeez aren't you pissed this afternoon." He whined, rubbing his sore arm in process.

I rolled my eyes and pointed my pen at him, "Toughen up princess, we don't want your ego bruised before Thursday, do we?"

"Whatever. You're not getting any Pocky from me after school."