Chapter 23 - Pretty Boy wants You

Chapter 23

I stared at my sketch one last time before I shoved it inside my bag. It was almost complete for the presentation, that it worried me. What happened when all of our work turns out to be wrong?

I didn't know why, but whenever Ace was around, I shifted on my spot a couple of times. No joke, I figured that out the moment he walked into the room.

Like right now.

"Look what I got!" Ace cheered.

"What?" I asked.

He opened his cased palms and revealed, "It's a bee!"

I shrieked and quickly backed away from him. I grabbed the nearest person and shoved them in front of me. Alan was confused and looked around, but didn't realised that Ace was in front of him.

"Alan, get. Me. Away. From. The. Bee!" I yelled.

"Where?" He asked confusedly.

"Right here." Ace dangled the bee by the wing and I held onto Alan's uniform tight.

"Uh Ivory, you know that it's dead?"

"It'll come alive any sooner!" I whispered, "Just swipe the damn bee from his hand."

"C'mon Ace, don't be mean to the poor girl." He chuckled and took his hand away. Ace rolled his eyes and chucked the bee away.

"Fine, there you go." Ace slapped his hands together and then pat Alan on the back. He saluted me and then left the two of us alone.

"I never knew you're afraid of bees." He said bemusedly.

"Yes I am, and don't use that for your advantage either." I told him sternly.

He raised both of his hands up, "Don't worry, I won't."

The bell rang, signalling that fourth period was over. I swung my bag around my shoulder and walked out of the classroom. Ace quickly ran up to me and began to follow my pace. I looked around the students that passed us, and I could still see the curiosity in their eyes. I didn't know why, but I think it was more than just curiousness.

"I'm gonna go to the canteen. Meet you at the spot?" He said.

"Alright." I replied and we both walked to our separate ways.

When I was walking to our eating spot, I saw Flo paced around and seemed impatient. She tapped her shoes on the ground occasionally and crossed her arms. She was scanning through the students that walked past, and when she saw me, she waved her hand frantically to the spot. I jogged towards her and sat down.

"What's up?." I said.

"Oh. My. God. Ivy you have no freaking idea what just happened at recess." Flo said, about to burst the bubble.

"Tell me already!"

"Remember Darl?" She asked. I nodded my head and urged her to continue, "Well he bumped into me and I dropped the books that was on my hand."

"You never carried books around." I said suspiciously.

"I know, I know, I did it because Darl was nearby so I was like 'why not?'. Turned out it was a success!" She cheered.

I sighed, "Are you still high?"

She scoffed, "Of course not! Drank many milk! Anyway, so we bumped, and my books fell right? So we both crouched down to collect my books-"

"Oh goodness, sounds so cliche."

"Do you want to hear my story or not?" She snapped, "so like he collected most of my books and handed them to me. And then do you know what he said?"