Chapter 18 - Sky Blue

Chapter 18

Why do we need to learn complicated things in Maths? I get that I was in this class for a reason, but this is what genius understands, and unfortunately I'm not one of them. The teacher was not helping my case either, his accent was as strong as my mum's medicine that she uses every night.

Ace brought his head down and scribbled what was on the board. He nodded every once in a while, seeming to understand what the teacher said. How did he do it?

"Need help again?" He chuckled.

I blushed, "I don't get surds that much."

"Easy as pie!" He smirked and dragged my book towards him.

"Easier said than done." I huffed and let him explain the work. He raised a brow at me and I just shrugged.

So this was what we do when we shared a class together. On Maths class, he would help me most of the times, but in Science, he still helped me. But hey, friends are there to support you right?

When I got my head around it at last, I sighed in relief and brought my book back, "Cheers."

"All good! Always from the brainy one." Ace winked and packed his things away.

"Don't get too cocky." I frowned, but couldn't stop the temptation at his silly ways, so I smiled.

Each class lasted for an hour, with the exceptional of community classes. Ace and I went through the back door, and when we opened it, shouts and hollers rang across the hallway. We looked at each other and followed the source of the voices, likes everybody else.

When we stopped running, I smacked my face behind his back as he spread his arms out. I peeked through his arms and saw three versus three fight as they all grabbed onto each other's hair, weak punches and profanities been thrown around at each other.

"Oh here we go again." I said.

My school had been a legend ever since I came here, no even before I did. It was known to be one of the violent schools across the suburb, and current events like this would be alerted and teachers would come to the rescue. I saw as a mob of teachers went through the smash and grabbed a student each. Flashes from phones can be seen and I rolled my eyes as they all groaned when the fight stopped.

"All of you go to your next classes now!" One of the teacher barked. We all quickly climbed up the stairs that lead up to our Science class.

"That was crap." I commented.

"You say that about every fight." Ace chuckled.

"But it's true! Don't tell me you think it was a good smash?" I said.

"Okay fine, it was shite. Happy now?" He said.

I nodded and flashed him a grin.