Chapter 31: Asher

The two of us stayed awake late into the night, until Echo got too tired and fell asleep in my arms. We talked, smiled, kissed, loved. Everything. It was perfect, and I wish we could stay there in those hours forever. Con and Di, together, managed to push the dresser out of the doorway. Guess I didn't realize the door opened in rather than out. They crawled into bed with us after she fell asleep.

"So when's that foursome?" Con asked lowly. I ignored him. He kissed my neck and wrapped his arms around my bare waist. "Could be now if you woke her up. We're all naked anyway."

I pulled the covers tighter over Echo's shoulders. "I want her to myself. You'll have her for as long as she wants when I'm gone, but for now...she's mine. Just mine."

"We'll only have her for a limited time," Di muttered. Con snuggled in closer to me.

"I wanna have sex with you again before you leave me," he said into my neck. "I realize that's not going to happen. I'm just making it known that I'm going to miss you like crazy while you're gone."

I pulled Echo onto my chest and rolled onto my back to face my companions. She woke up a little, eyes fluttering open. I kissed her gently.

"I was just moving, angel; go back to sleep, baby doll," I squeezed her closer to me. She nuzzled her face into my neck, planting a sleepy kiss on the likely-bruised skin. Her breath settled into a slow rhythm as she drifted into sleep. I traced the lines of her back under the comforter as Con kissed her temple gently.

Connor settled in closer to us, his lips at my ear. "Did you two ever cross anything off your to-do list?"

"Didn't need to," I shrugged. "Even the regular stuff is unbelievable with her."

"Damn."

I nodded. "As long as she's happy, I'm happy."

We were all silent.

"I ought to give you the codes to my bank accounts. Buy her whatever she wants. Do her every last bidding. She's yours to worship."

Connor nodded. "She's pretty easy-going."

"I know, so when she does ask for something, go all-out. Be sure to spoil her. She won't ask for anything at first. She'll feel too guilty. But she'll come around."

"What do we need to get her to do when she first becomes God?" Di asked.

"Get her to the throne room. It's just down the hall. Have her banish the unwanted demons from heaven...Um, open heaven...settle out where the souls need to be...get the angels back. That should be it."

"Where, in that mess, do we get you back?"

I glowered at the god. "You know I'm not coming back."

"I know it's a possibility. I know, however, that Echo Miller loves you very much and she's very powerful. She'll get you back."

I traced her hips, and her eyelashes batted against my neck. "You're not getting back into a deep sleep, are you?" I sighed. She shook her head. "Guess you can formally meet Dionysus."

Di leaned on Connor's chest and smiled at Echo. "I got an earful about you in the car ride, just so you know."

"Jesus, Di," I rolled my eyes. "Be polite."

"Good things, I hope," Echo looked up at me.

"You have no idea," the god laughed. "Very good, yes. Very dirty, yes."

"Sounds like Asher."

"You sound like a lot of fun, Miss Miller, and I hope that when you claim your throne, you'll let me stay here with you. Also, you'll probably let Connor stay and I'm hopelessly in love with Connor."