Hell Hath No Fury Like A Woman Scorned

Lyanna awoke the next morning with a feeling of dread weighing in her stomach. Today was the day that the rest of the party arrived, the day that Cersei arrived. It chilled Lyanna to the bone thinking of her cunning smirk, even more about how she would react to what had happened. Lyanna knew that with a snap of her perfectly filed fingers, Cersei could have her wiped from the kingdom in an instant.

A small whimper broke Lyanna from her thoughts. It was Eliana rolling onto her other side on the bed. It was Eli that strengthened Lyanna's resolve. Eli would be her rock in the storm that was to come.

Shaking the morbid thoughts from her head, Lyanna sat up from her spot walking over to the tray that contained their freshly made breakfast. Lyanna was nibbling on a piece of cheese when the knock on her door sounded. It was Robert.

"How are you my sweet Lyanna?" Robert asked his voice holding sight concern.

"Anxious to say the least Robert. Your wife arrives today and all seven hells could potentially break loose!" Lyanna exclaimed a bit flustered.

"Lyanna, please don't worry all will be fine. She cannot do anything to you or Eli, you have done nothing wrong."

"Oh please like she would need probable cause to execute someone," Lyanna's voice was bordering on hysterics.

"Have some faith in me Lyanna. I may be a fat drunk but I am still the King and I will protect you," Robert replied with a sad tint to his eyes,"besides you are a strong woman and I know that you will not let Cersei intimidate you. The only thing that you could do wrong in this kingdom is fight too fiercely for the less fortunate," he finished with a laugh.

"Wouldn't that be a shame," Lyanna replied bitterly. She knew that her heart and fierce mouth could get her and Eli into trouble unless she tamed herself. "How do you think to explain Eli to everybody else?" She asked Robert after a pause.

Robert didn't reply right away, merely stroked his chin with a faraway look. "Well I suppose we tell everybody what happened and don't take no for an answer, should they want to get rid of her," he finally replied.

"We?" Lyanna inquired.

"Of course 'we' I couldn't let you face your family alone," Robert smiled back at her.

"Oh gods no. I will tell the story by myself. I'm already in somewhat hot waters with Cersei, we both are but this could set her over the edge," Lyanna could only begin to think of the horrible scenarios in which things could go wrong.

"Lyanna I cannot let you-," Robert could not even finish his sentence before she interrupted him.

"You have to, it's safer for me and for you, for all of us," Lyanna said, looking at Eliana. Lyanna was most afraid for her, the pain that Eli could go through because of her actions. It hurt Lyanna to think of Eli back on the streets or in a dungeon.

Robert relented, "Alright if that is what has to be done to keep Eli safe. I don't want her to be hurt because of us. I will do what I can to keep her safe, to keep you safe Lyanna."

~~~

The sun was lying low in the sky as the royal Party entered through the Dragon Gate, just as Lyanna and Robert had days before. Ned Stark entered first on the back of his horse. His face held his signature frown, his brow furrowed looking straightforward into the city. Guards and banner men followed him, all looking disgruntled in the blistering heat of the afternoon. The carriage containing the Queen, her children and her ladies came up the rear surrounded by more guards.