Feasting

From the hall Lyanna could hear the singing and drunken roars of knights and lords. The anger that had fueled her rash decisions was diminishing and nerves were setting in. Lyanna knew she had to enter or before long her bravery would be gone and she would flee leaving people looking for her. She knew there was no need for coats in the great hall the amount of bodies made the heat smothering.

Lyanna took a deep breath and pushed the doors of the great hall open.

The music stopped suddenly upon Lyanna entering. It was like time had completely stopped. Everyone's eyes was on her and they held their breath whether it was in awe of her beauty, anger towards her entrance or sheer amazement of what she wore. Lyanna held her head high and kept her back straight as she walked towards the high table. She noticed especially the Kings eyes on her, he was looking not at her dress or figure but at her. Like he was staring into the soul that once belonged to his true love Late Lyanna Stark.

Lyanna approached the bench in front of the King and Queen. She bent for a curtsy bowing her head, "Your Graces." She spoke in a hushed tone for the hall was still silent. The Kings eyes never left Lyanna as she made her way to her seat next to her mother, neither did Cersei's but hers was a glare.

Lyanna sat gracefully in her chair and immediately her mother hissed, "What do you think you're doing? Why aren't you wearing the dress I told you to!"

"I thought I might get heat stroke if I wore that awful stuffy dress, I thought something more airy might be appropriate." Lyanna smirked at her mother.

"Well you thought wrong. Now Sansa may never marry the prince and you will ruin this family." Catelyn groaned in anger.

"There's a difference between wolves and fish mother. A fish can be killed easily and eaten. Wolves are not so simple. Never try to tame a wolf mother." Lyanna was saved from her conversation with her mother by Robb, her older brother by a year.

Robb twirled his sister around the floor to the music. "My, my don't you look ravishing." Lyanna's brother told her.

"Oh shut up! I did this to make mother angry." Lyanna punched Robb on the shoulder.

"Ow! Well I think you succeeded sister. What argument did you have this time?"

"She told me I would be punished if I attracted the Kings attention, so I did just that."

"I think you also succeeded in that sister. You are quite an achiever." Robb gave her a smirk.

"Mother said she wanted to propose an engagement to Cersei and couldn't have me messing it up. And it's not like I actually feel for the King. I'm just doing this to show mother."

"Show her what?" Robb asked.

"That you cannot tame a wolf." Lyanna smirked. Suddenly she felt a tap on her shoulder and Robb's eyes got wide. "What is it Ro-"

She turned to see the King right behind her.

"May I have this dance my lady?" He asked.

He didn't wait for an answer, only took her hand to spin her.

"That is quite a dress you have in my dear." Robert told her.

Lyanna regained her voice, "Yes well it is a bit stuffy in here I would have acquired heat stroke in any other dress."

Robert laughed at her witty comment, "Yes I suppose it is. You still wear the necklace I gave you nine years ago." It was more of a statement as he saw the chain around Lyanna's neck.

She hadn't even thought about having it on. She never really took it off. "Oh yes! I am, I never really take it off I suppose. It's been special to me, the northern blue Rose is my favorite." Lyanna put a hand up to the necklace.

The King gave her a look that Lyanna couldn't quite figure out what it meant. He said, "You truly are her. In heart and soul and spirit. I loved her, you know. Until the day she died and even into the next life." He thought back to their days together and a sad expression fell on his face. Lyanna noticed the grip Robert had on her. He was touching anything but her hand and waist but was doing so in a protective grip like he would never let anyone hurt her. Lyanna's heart softened for the drunk King about his feelings for her aunt.

Looking over at he high bench sat Cersei and Lady Catelyn glaring daggers at the couple dancing and Lyanna noticed. Two songs had already gone by and the King would not let her go nor he dance with any other women. He could only see her tonight.

Lyanna heard a commotion over at her siblings table. Arya had thrown a spoonful of peas at Sansa's head splattering into her hair.

"Arya!" Sansa shouted. Their mother signaled to Robb.

"Alright time for bed." Robb picked up Arya over his shoulder. When Lyanna saw this she decided it was time to leave too.

"Im sorry my King I must be going it is quite late." Lyanna separated form Robert and headed towards the entrance.

"Then I will escort you my lady." Robert caught up with her.

He took her arm and led her down the hall. They walked in silence, Robert looking around at the tapestries on the wall. "Nine years it's been, too long away from this place. It is much calmer than the Capitol, to many people talking at once. Too many people whispering secrets and decieving. Sometimes I don't feel like I can even trust my family anymore."

All Lyanna could say was, "we have our problems here too. Seclusion can lead to high tensions in the family."

"Like what?" Robert asked.

"Like my mother getting on me and Arya because we aren't 'proper' and ladylike." Lyanna replied.

"Well you look quite ladylike right now, Lyanna." He surprised her by using her name.

"Well I suppose so, but I was to look my best at the feast."

Robert just laughed as they walked. "Is there any special lad that's caught your eye, if I might ask?"

This caught her off-guard. She had never really thought about anybody in that way. She was too busy riding or fighting. "No I suppose there isn't. I haven't thought about anyone here that way. They're all like my family. It would feel wrong."

"I see." A thoughtful look passed over his face. They arrived at Lyanna's chamber.

"I hope you have many wonderful dreams tonight Lyanna." Robert bid her goodnight.

"And the same to you, my King." Lyanna said with a smile.

Lyanna walked into her chambers thinking about the night she spent with Robert. Somehow she was happy about it.

A smile crept onto her lips.

~~~

The ship is shipping!!!
I'm so excited for this story like oh me god
Thank you all for reading it
It makes me feel good :)
I'm gonna try To update more
Anyways
Stay faithful my readers
:)
Emily