68 - LAST CHAPTER + AUTHOR'S NOTE

Start from the beginning

You smoothed out your white nightgown and rolled your eyes. "I dunno, some weird stuff about gnomes and a unicorn and some triangle with a top hat," you answered.

Dipper's jaw dropped and he sat next to you, gripping your arm with his hand. "Are you okay? Do you remember anything? Does your head still feel weird?"

"No let go of me," you said, pulling your arm out of his grasp, "what the heck Dipper? What's wrong?" Your head suddenly began pounding and your mind began racing. "Argh!" you moaned, slamming your palms to the side of your head.

REALITY IS AN ILLUSION

"Y/n! What's happening?" Dipper yelled, eyes wild and scared. You could hear footsteps thundering up the old wooden stairs.

THE UNIVERSE IS A HOLOGRAM

"I'm FINE, Dipper," you groaned, rocking your head back and forth in an attempt to dull the pain. Mabel, Soos, Ford and Stan ran into the room and surrounded you, all of them looking terrified.

BUY GOLD

"Buy gold," you found yourself whispering, dizzy from the pounding that rang through your mind, "gold. Yellow. Eye. Bill's eye. Cipher. Bill Cipher, Bill Cipher!" Mabel took one of your hands, trying to calm you but you slapped it away.

BYE

You screamed as loud as you can and fell to the ground. Bill Cipher. He stole your eye. He stole your heart. So many memories, happy and sad and painful alike, flooded your mind. "Where is he?!" You demanded, screaming at the top of your lungs.

"He's in your mind," Ford shouted back, "in the dreamscape in your mind! We can't bring him back, y/n, we can't!"

"I know it hurts y/n," Dipper offered, speaking as loud as he was able over your loud sobbing, "but we can't do anything about it! You'd have to die to be with him again!"

You let go of your head and grabbed his shoulders, digging your nails into his skin. "Then kill me!"

Five horrified faces stood before you. Not a word was said as you covered your face with your hands, ripping off the eye patch and rubbing the empty eye socket covered in dried blood. "Kill me! I'm already dead without him, it's been three years, I can't live without him!"

"Even after all he's done," Ford said quietly, shaking his head, "you don't know what you're doing y/n. Get a good night's rest. You'll feel better in the morning." The five of them each gave you a hug as you cried, and after a while they all left your room. Except for the twins, Dipper and Mabel. Your best friends. They said they would stay with you until you fell asleep, just to be safe.

"How c-can I sleep when I remember?" you asked in your hiccup-y voice, tears streaming down your cheeks. Mabel was tearing up as she squeezed you into another tight hug. "Please kill me," you whispered in her ear, "I need to be with him."

"I can't kill you y/n!" Mabel exclaimed and exchanged a frightened glance with her brother. "Okay. I understand," you nodded and put your head on the pillow, closing your bloodshot and watering eye. After a good fifteen minutes, the twins left you alone.

As soon as the door to your bedroom closed you opened your eye and searched the drawers of a nearby desk for paper and envelopes. You were successful in your search and quickly wrote down five short letters. Sticking them in the envelopes and licking them shut, you carefully snuck downstairs and into the shop part of the Mystery Shack. You punched in the numbers to the secret code into the vending machine. Then you tiptoed down to Ford's lab and research room. You remembered a potion that Ford had made a while ago that he was explaining to you two summers ago. He had said that it was a drinkable solution that was made of a high percentage of citrine extract and would kill a person or creature in their sleep in twenty minutes after the drinker took it or most likely even less time than that.