2011; January 27-28

Start from the beginning

"Does Nordic Blue Monkshood mean anything to you?" Stiles asked looking at his phone. My head shot up as a look I knew to be of despair formed on my face before I turned back to Derek.

"It's a rare form of wolfsbane. He has to bring me the bullet." Derek explained.

"Why?" Stiles asked.

"Cause I'm gonna die without it." Derek said looking straight at me. Tears filled my eyes as I saw the pain and remorse in his. He didn't want to die and leave me alone but he knew he just might before the night was over. Stiles looked worriedly between us before turning around and pacing slightly.

Stiles opened another set of doors and turned on the lights as Derek pealed off his shirt. Stiles tried to joke slightly but I could smell the fear rolling of him.

"Once the infection reaches my heart, it'll kill me." Derek said before looking at me and together we searched for the things we needed for the last resort.

"Which is?" Stiles questioned as I pulled out a hand saw.

"You're gonna cut off my arm." Derek said.

"Why can't Lily do it?" Stiles asked.

"She's too shaky right now." Derek said and, for good measure, I held up my hand to show that I was shaking badly. It looked like my arm was vibrating. I wouldn't be able to hold it still.

I grabbed a blue rubber band thing and helped Derek tie it around his arm just above where the infection ended as he slid the saw over to Stiles. Stiles then started to complain again and stall for time. Derek just threatened him before grabbing his shirt and yanking Stiles toward him as I growled. Derek started to heave and threw up a pool of black blood next to the table as Stiles got the saw ready and in position.

Scott walked in and questioned Stiles as I frantically waved my hands around for the bullet. Scott handed it to Derek before Derek dropped it and collapsed again. Stiles and I both leaned over Derek as Scott fumbled for the bullet. Seeing that he wasn't waking up, I drew back my right arm, curled my fist, and punched Derek across the face as Scott got the bullet. Derek woke up in a daze but still couldn't move much.

I quickly grabbed the bullet from Scott and bit the top off before pouring the contents onto the table and lighting it on fire. It sparked, making Scott and Stiles recoil, before a blue smoke started rising from it. I scooped up the fried powder into my hand and knelt next to Derek who, I could tell, was seconds from death. I hurriedly slapped the ashes onto his wound and shoved most of it in the bullet hole as Derek started to scream. It smoked even more and the wound glowed a bright blue as Derek screamed more. Before long the fried ashes did their job and Derek's wound healed to nothing. Stiles cheered as Derek sat up slowly.

"Are you okay?" Scott asked.

"Well, except for the agonizing pain." Derek replied sarcastically. Stiles popped off as I helped Derek to his feet. Scott told Derek to leave them alone and that if he didn't then he would turn us into the Argents.

"You're gonna trust them? What, you think they can help you?" Derek asked.

"Why not? They're a lot freaking nicer than you two are." Scott said.

"Yeah, I can show you exactly how nice they are." Derek said and I knew exactly what he meant.

"What do you mean?" Scott asked.

Derek, Scott, and I piled into Derek's car and took off toward the Beacons Crossing Home; a long time care facility. Derek and I got out and started towards the door, ignoring Scott who followed us. I rushed ahead of both boys and into a certain room. Derek and Scott came in behind me as I crouched in front of the man in the wheel chair and grabbed his left hand lightly. Derek stood behind me with a hand on my shoulder in comfort as he and Scott looked at the man before us.

"Who is he?" Scott asked.

"My uncle, Lily's father, Peter Hale." Derek replied stiffly.

"Is he.... Like you? A werewolf?" Scott asked as Derek turned to me.

"He was. Now he's barely even human. 6 years ago, my sister, Lily, and I were at school. Our house caught fire. 11 people were trapped inside. He was the only survivor." Derek said as a silent tear ran down my face.

"So, what makes you so sure that they set the fire?" Scott asked.

Derek scoffed, "Because they were the only ones who knew about us."

"Then, they had a reason." Scott said.

I turned and glared up at him as Derek asked, "Like what? You tell me what justifies this!" He easily turned my dad around to show his burned side. Scott looked shocked as Derek continued.

"They say they'll only kill an adult and only with absolute proof. But there were people in our family that were perfectly ordinary in that fire. This is what they do! And it's what Allison will do!" Derek said.

"What are you doing? How did you get in here?" A nurse asked.

"We were just leaving." Derek said as he left, pulling Scott with him. I stood up slowly and gazed at my dad once more before following my cousin and Scott out.