2011; January 27-28

Start from the beginning

"No you idiot!" Derek snapped as I rubbed his good arm soothingly.

"Wait, wait. That's what she meant when she said you had 48 hours." Scott said.

"Wha-what? Who-who said 48 hours?" Derek questioned.

"The one who shot you." Scott said.

Derek cringed heavily and his eyes flashed as tears filled my eyes.

"What are you doing? Stop that!" Scott exclaimed.

"That's what I'm trying to tell you, I can't." Derek said.

"Derek, get up!" Scott ordered, "I'll put them in your car." Scott told Stiles.

Scott helped Derek up and put him in Stiles' Jeep. I opened the driver door and shuffled into the back as Derek told Scott to find out what the bullet was.

"Why should I help you?" Scott asked.

"Because you need me." Derek said as I looked at Scott, pleading for him to find the bullet.

"Fine, I'll try." He said as Stiles climbed into the drivers seat.

We drove for a while as I stared worriedly at Derek. Stiles checked his phone.

"Hey, try not to bleed out on my seats, ok? We're almost there." He complained.

"Almost where?" Derek asked him.

"Your house." Stiles said with a sigh.

"What? No, you can't take us there." Derek said.

"I can't take you to your own house?" Stiles asked exasperatedly.

"Not when I can't protect myself." Derek said.

"What about Lily? Can't she protect you?" Stiles asked.

"She can't protect the both of us by herself if hunters show up." Derek explained.

Stiles sighed before pulling over.

"What happens if Scott doesn't find your magic bullet? Hmm? Are you dying?" Stiles asked as he turned to Derek.

"Not yet. I have a last resort." Derek said breathlessly.

I sucked in a short breath, knowing what the last resort was as Stiles asked about it. Derek pulled up his sleeve and Stiles cringed before looking away and looking green.

"Start the car. Now." Derek ordered.

"Yeah, I don't think you should be barking orders with the way you look, okay? And, in fact, I think if I wanted to, I could probably drag your little werewolf ass out into the middle of the road and leave you for dead." Stiles said as I snarled from the back, daring him to try and leave my cousin for dead.

"Start the car or I'm gonna rip your throat out, with my teeth." Derek said menacingly as I growled from the back seat, letting Derek know I had his back.

The two guys stared at each other for a second before Stiles broke eye contact and started the Jeep. I smirked slightly as I knew that Stiles was still scared of us Hales. We sat in the running car for a little over an hour before Stiles finally heard from Scott. I ignored them as I looked at Derek worriedly. His heart rate and breathing were slowing down every second as his skin paled more.

"By the way, he's starting to smell. Like death." Stiles complained as I growled at him once more, "You're not gonna believe where he wants me to take you two." Stiles sighed as he handed Derek the phone.

Derek and Scott had a short conversation before Derek hung up. Stiles started driving again and we pulled up behind back of the animal clinic. I rolled my eyes as Stiles got out and opened the side door to let us in.
I hurriedly slipped out and helped Derek into the area and sit on a couple bags of kibble. Derek was starting to look even worse as I crouched next to him. He had dark bags under his eyes and his skin was incredibly pale and feverish which cause his forehead to be covered in a thin sheen of sweat.