Chapter 42- Hydra

Start from the beginning

"Have you seen yourself recently?" I looked at him questioningly.

"I though the representation of you in the ether was a reflection of our soul." Doctor Strange nodded and as looked me up and down with his well-worn smirk.

"You are completely right, but the soul is a very fluid thing, if changes all the time with deeds preformed and the input of your conscious, it fluctuates all the time Liberty." I twisted around and touched the surface of the figure of me dressed in my Asgardien armour and watched as the pane of glass morphed into a mirror reflecting my soul.

I trailed a hand over my cheek as I looked at my reflection. I stayed concentrated on my eyes as I saw that there was barely any green left in them, more like a thinning ring around my pupil, as my storm blue eyes began to consume my iris. My eyes trailed over my body, to see something new. I was dressed in an Asgardien garb but this was much less intimidating, the gentle feminine curves of the silver metal, was highlighted with bronze across the edges, the colours had changed from the midnight black and ivy green, to white silk and deep teal, which were draped underneath and through my armour falling as a dress. I wore a head piece that stayed true to my husband, the silver horns were much smaller but still showed that part of my soul I was dearly loyal too. And instead of consuming my whole head it was a delicate silver band covered with silver ivy leaves.

I reached up attentively and touched the silver horned grown on my head.

"The more that you find of yourself the more your soul becomes dominant; these changes will be reflected outwardly, like your eyes for example." I looked behind me in the mirror to see Stephen standing behind me.

"Now I want you to focus, I want you to leave this place, your mind is still concentrated on levitating, but now I want you to focus on materialising this form on to your physical body. I nodded as I looked at his through the mirror. I met my own eyes as my next figure added to my own collection of selves. I slowly closed my eyes and felt myself leave the astral plane, the impulses began to leak into my body as I slowly drifted back into my own mind, the impulses now hit in waves, growing from a gentle lapping to tidal force. I felt alive, wired as my own electrical impulses cracked against my skin. Soon Stephen's voice which was once lost to me re-joined my consciousness.

I slowly opened one eye and looked around. Stephen was levitating with me, his legs cross and his elbow still resting on his knee and his chin on his fist. He gave me a large genuine smile which was taut on his face from the lack of laughter and smile lines.

I opened my other eye and smiled at him. I kept still as I looked down at myself, to see my new Asgardien garb flowing around me still humming with astral energy.

"That was all you Liberty; Loki had nothing to do with it. You are much more powerful than you know, as well as I know. You have unlimited potential Liberty, and it all it took was a little push." I smiled at Stephen Strange as he sat there with me. I felt my potential surround me like a blanket of warmth. I felt safe and secured in my destiny.

"Due to the fact you have been able to demonstrate feats of altering existing molecular and atomic structures on a subatomic level, I cannot see how you are any different to Loki." My heart stammered as I remembered the figure of myself riddled with gun shots which poured blood heavily.

"Loki is immortal, he cannot die, he cannot be gravely injured, without his soul, I would have never came back after killing Thanos, I would be buried in a hero's grave, for saving a world from a threat they didn't even know existed." I sighed as I looked into Doctor Strange's suddenly saddened eyes.

"I was there that day. I was ready to leave this world without anything on my conscious, I knew the avengers would try to save us, but the few of us that knew of the threat, there was very little we could do. Except hope and pray. That day was the day we counted our blessing and hoped that it was enough. Then out from nowhere like a little miracle, a young woman, who had never experienced the world, who had been kept from it and shunned from it came into the light as a hero, that very few people could say they that they had ever seen or spoken too, before she died that day. I felt you, all that energy you projected it, it dissipated across the earth across the universe, and those of us sensitive to feel it felt it in all its glory as we waited to see if the world would end, as the rest obviously went on with their lives. The astral plane was alight that day in a blaze of metal power, a struggle between the two greatest metal minds this world would never get to see." Stephen moved closer to me and grabbed my hands off my lap and held them in his much larger hands. His eyes had glazed over in admiration and sorrow as he retold my story from his point of view.