Chapter 9- Hit and Run

Mulai dari awal

                “So, what did Asher say to you?” I ask when we on the road headed to her house. The other girls decided to go home. I think we’re all pretty tired already. I told Avery I’d hang with her for a while then to take me home.

                “That bastard said to be careful,” she says seething.

                “Uhm, okay. So, why did you beat him up?”

                “Because he doesn’t think I can take care of myself and I had to prove it to him. Now it makes sense.

                “I love your teaching methods,” I compliment and she nods prideful. That’s my sister from another mister. We ride the rest of the way in a peaceful silence but I somehow feel like something’s missing. Oh well, beats me.

                It’s been a couple of hours since we arrived and we were pretty bored. We decided to have a movie marathon and chose one of our favorite themes, the ‘80s. Yep, we started with Pretty in Pink, Sixteen Candles, and saved the best for last, The Breakfast Club. Best movie ever!!!  After our awesome movie marathon we were actually pretty bored. Avery’s mom is not even coming back today we both knew she still has two weeks before she gets here. Now we’re sprawled out on Avery’s bed staring at the ceiling.

                “Hey Avery?”

                “Yes?”

                “I miss the guys,” I mumble quietly so she can barely hear.

                “What?”

                “I miss the guys,” I say quietly once again.

                “What?”

                “I miss the bastards!” I yell. She begins to laugh at my antics.

                “Yeah, me too,” she says sobering up.

                “Should we go back?” I inquire. We both think for a couple of minutes debating with our inner selves.

                “Yeah,” she answers.

                “Are we going to stay for the two weeks?” I ask debating if it’s a good idea.

                “Should we? What about you are you gonna drop by your house?” she asks.

                “I think we should stay with them, they’re entertaining. But let’s stop by my house first to get some necessities,” I explain.

                “I know you need your clothes and stuff but you’re not getting things from your devil’s box are you?” she questions. Damn, she remembered. ‘Devil’s box’ is what she calls my box of harmless pranks.

                “I’m not going to do anything too bad.”

                “Does it include your Taser?” damn, it’s like she reads my mind.

                “No,” I say. She doesn’t believe me but we leave anyways. Once at my house she stays in the driveway because she doesn’t like my parents. I enter and begin to go upstairs when I hear someone call me from the bottom.

                “Oh, were you out?” my mother asks from the bottom of the stairs. See, they didn’t even know I’ve been gone for like the whole week.