The Middle: 1

A/N: what up y'all?

I'm starting the middle section already, yes, but I wanted to save some chapters for like flashbacks and stuff maybe? So I'd insert some "beginning"s into the "middle"s

does that makes sense?

oh well, if you don't like the idea let me know and I'll unpublish this and save it for later

k bye

p.s. if you're wondering why there are a lot of mentions of food in this book, it's because I find it really cringy to write about (don't ask me why) so I'm just trying to face that fear. sorry if I make you hungry. :)

///

"I can't believe it's been almost four months already. Our anniversary is on what, Wednesday?"

Scott's only-since-yesterday boyfriend nodded and smiled.

"I know, I can't believe I remembered either!"

Mitch made his giggly-face and swung his legs excitedly on Scott's island, trying not to kick the sides with his huge black sneakers. He'd moved in just two months after they'd met, but knew the place so well he'd felt like he'd lived there forever.

"So, what would you like to eat today, m'lady?" The blonde asked, pecking Mitch on the forehead as he walked past him to open the refrigerator. The brunette pointed at the top shelf, and Scott brought down the orange juice for him.

"Is that it?"

A single nod.

"What's wrong, babe? Are you not feeling good?"

A shrug, then another nod.

"Are you sick, or just sad?" Mitch held up two fingers, which in this situation Scott knew meant both.

"What feels bad?" Scott asked, wanting to take care of the easy part first. He watched as Mitch pointed to his throat.

"Hon, orange juice is just going to make that worse!" He started to put back the bottle when Mitch tugged on his sleeve and pointed at his throat again.

"I don't-oh." Scott's voice faded to a whisper as he understood. They'd never really discussed Mitch's condition; granted, they'd never really discussed anything. But Scott had never asked.

"Does...does it hurt? Or...something?"

Mitch shook his head and shrugged at the same time, looking up at him with sad eyes. Scott wasn't quite there.

"You don't need a voice for me to be able to hear you, baby." The brown eyes looked away, but not before the blue ones noticed they were filling with tears.

"Oh, Mit, it's okay, it's alright..." Scott gently lifted Mitch off the counter and onto the floor before wrapping him in a tight hug. "I love you even though you can't say it back, okay? I just trust that you love me too."

Mitch nodded fiercely, still awkwardly trapped in Scott's arms. The blonde stepped back a little to look at him, and as soon Mitch's arms were freed, he pointed to the door.

"Wha...you want me to l-" Mitch's hand was over Scott's mouth before he could get the word out. The brunette put his other arm around Scott's waist in a side-hug before letting the hand over his friend's mouth drop back down to his side.

Scott just watched as Mitch pointed again, a little shakily, to the door, before shaking his head slowly.

"Oh. Oh, no Mit, of course I won't leave you, I'd never leave you, okay? I'm staying right here with you. Okay?"