The Beginning: 2

Mitch waved a small hand at Scott as he walked into the now familiar therapy room a week later. 

He'd been coming in every day since that first session, and it'd been the best week either of them had ever had. 

Mitch was already considering Scott his best friend, and though the blonde didn't quite know it yet, he felt the same way about the smaller boy. 

"Hey, Mitch, I'm so sorry I'm late," Scott said, looking around the room. "Kirstin still isn't in yet?" 

Mitch shrugged, but pointed to a chair next to him that Scott hadn't noticed yet.

"Oh, is that for me?" Mitch nodded. "Thanks! Was it your idea or Kirstie's?" 

Mitch blushed and pointed at himself as Scott sat down in his designated spot. "That's nice of you, Mitchi," he replied, a bit startled but pleased. He began to talk again, but was interrupted by a loud "AWWW" behind them.

"Well, don't you two just look so cute sitting there?!" Kirstin walked into the room, hanging a white Chanel coat on the door on top of Scott's. "How early did you get here, Scott?"

"I just got in a couple minutes ago," he said, shooting her a death glare. She knew that he was struggling with his feelings for the boy, but she didn't need to make it obvious. "And Mitch was here even before that."

"Oh, really?" she turned away from him, ignoring his stare, and directed her unwavering smile towards Mitch. "How early did you come in, Mitchell?"

Mitch held up two fingers, looking embarrassed. 

"A whole hour early? Why?"

Mitch hesitated before pointing at Scott. 

"Awh, that's sweet, you were waiting for him!" Kirstin cocked her head to the side as Mitch shook his head and pointed at Scott again.

"I texted him to come early," Scott explained. "I thought I was going to be here at the same time so we could hang out or something, but I...I got held up. Sorry." The last word was said to Mitch, who shrugged again and smiled slightly. Scott wanted to smile back, but he just looked away, remembering the events of that morning. 

He grabbed his coat from the closet and buttoned it up, wrapping a scarf around his neck as well. It was supposed to be frigid that morning. He had just grabbed his car keys when his phone buzzed in his pocket.

"Hello?" he answered, gasping slightly as he open the front door. It felt like it was -200 degrees. 

"Scotty, hiiiii!" a slightly familiar voice answered. 

"Who...who is this? How did you get this number?"

The stranger ignored him. "Scott, I miss you babyyy. How've you been since we broke uppp? Sorry about that, by the way."

Scott froze-well, not quite literally-as he recognized the caller. It wasn't a stranger at all. It was quite the opposite. 

"Alex?"

"That's right, hun! I can't believe you didn't remember me."

"Alex, are you drunk? Or high? I don't want to talk to you either way. I'm late for something."

"Baby, I'm completely sober, and clean. I promise!! Why don't you want to talk to me?? Watcha late for?"

He sighed. He'd forgotten how annoying and nosy his ex could be.

"I...well, I've met someone else. I am going on a date." A little white lie never hurt anyone. 

"Oooo, Scotty, you met someone? I'm so happy for you!! Except, you know, I'm not. But I bet he's veery cute!! Well, now, don't let me keep you!! Go out and have fun, and then ruin another relationship! Whee!"