"I have to since you just introduced Brie to her grandfather who I just asked to leave our house!" I spat back

August shook his head, " dat man ain't goin' nowhere,"

"Excuse you?" I said placing a hand on my hip.

August grabbed me by my upper arm, and lead me to the kitchen door. He opened it before standing me in the doorway.

"You can't take em away from each other now," he said as I looked over at the two of them playing.

Brie was giggling her head off as my father made Eddy dance to the song of her interactive minion.

I yanked my arm out of his grip- standing there salty at the fact that I knew he was right.

He smacked his lips, before walking past me, towards the gym.

*****************
August

I made my way to the gym, pissed at da way Mikaela came at me just fa doing something that was bound ta happen anyway.

If ha ass wasn't yellin then Brie wouldn't have woke up and have to come down and see ha grandpa like dat in da first place.

About an hour later, I heard Brie's footsteps runnin towards me.

I stopped da bench press as I saw ha come round da corner.

"Daddy, can paw paw put me to bed?" She asked hopefully.

Mr Montgomery appeared just behind her. "I told her that wasn't the best of ideas, she still wanted to ask," he shrugged.

"Uhh Brie Babeh, yo Paw Paw has to go ta work soon. I can put you to bed if you want?" I offered

She seemed disappointed, mumbling "okay"

"But I'll tell you what?" Mr Montgomery spoke up, causin Brie to look at him

"When I get home from work tomorrow, I could read you that book you showed me."

"Really?!" She smiled and asked

"As long as your mommy and daddy are fine with that," he said hopefully

"Of course man," I gave him a small smile sayin

"Okay. 'night paw paw Phoenix," she said as she hugged one of his legs.

He stared down at ha, still holdin onto his leg and smiled

"Sweet dreams angel," he greeted ha back.

After putting Brie to bed, I made my way to me and Mikaela's room where I found ha fast asleep.

A nigga was goin to do a show in Tampa tomorrow with Chris, and I needed ma rest since ma flight was at 6: 30 da next mornin.

I hopped into ma side of da bed, and yanked da covers from over ha.

"Petty ass," she mumbled as she turned so ha back was facin' me.

I ain't say a word back, gettin comfortable befo fallin sleep.

***************************

I woke up about 4 am da following morning, still somewhat tired but had a few last minute things to pack befo leavin in a couple a hours.

I saw dat Mikaela was already up, most likely out fa her morning run.

I made ma way to da bathroom to brush ma teeth and shower. Half an hour later I headed downstairs ta get me somethin ta eat.

I stopped in ma tracks as soon as I looked across da kitchen.

"Good Morning," Mikaela greeted me.