Forgotten Happiness

Luke

'i'm so happy you can be here with us Luke.' Ashton said as he looked at me with a smiling Louis beside him.

'i wouldn't miss this for the world.' i said with a smile.

'okay so Mr. and Mr. Irwin here's your beautiful baby girl.' the adoption lady had said as she held the most beautiful baby girl i'd ever seen.

'she's beautiful.' Ashton said as he started to cried.

'hey baby girl.' Louis said as he took her from the woman's arms.

she was a beautiful one year old girl and i could tell from their eyes that this was the happiest time in their lives, i could see the genuine love they held for her already.

'so, what is her name?' i asked the woman.

'Effie.' she said and i smiled.

'that's such a pretty name.' Louis said.

i wanted to give them some space so got up and went outside the room they were in and took a seat. it makes me really happy that i can see my best friend happy and that he finally has what he's always wanted.

i feel like i'm never going to have that.

i wanted to share this happy news with everyone so i called Melanie and told her and she was more than happy and wanted to meet her and he suggested that i call Calum but i don't know if i should. i feel like he doesn't want to hear this from me or i don't know.

i just sucked up everything and just dialed his number.

'hello?' he answered.

'hey Calum it's Luke.' i said.

'oh, hi Luke. what's up?' he asked.

'um i just wanted to call and tell you that Ashton and louis got their baby today, a girl.' i said.

'really? that's great i'm so happy for them and happy for Ashton.' he said and i could tell he was smiling on the other side.

'yeah, you should them two they're so happy but anyway how have you been?' i reluctantly asked.

'i've been pretty well, i got a raise at my school and Dan and i have been doing well, how about you?' he asked.

i wish he didn't have to mention anything about Dan and i couldn't really tell him that i hated whoever this guy was and that i was stuck at home eating chinese food cause i was till hung up on him.

'good.' i lied.

'god, i'm glad you're doing well but hey i have to go but give my best to the new parents.' he said.

'wait, i'm throwing them kind of like a baby shower but not and it'd be great if you could come.' i said hopeful that he'd say yes.

'you know what i'll try to make it, it's been so long since i've visited just tell me when it is.' he said.

'okay bye.' i said as i hung up.

it always felt good to talk to him since i rarely ever get to do it but it's nice hearing his voice. soon the Ashton and Louis came out of the room and we all headed out. since i had offered to drive i dropped them off and and headed back to my house, alone.

-Hi

sorry ik it's short but buckle up cX

Love you