Ch. 32

( Lexi )

I had dropped Nicky and Zariyah off at their house a bit early cause I had an important trap meeting. Jacob dropped  Yasmine off at her moms house since she wanted to see her mom , Erik dropped Taziyahs annoying ass 2 blocks from her house on the corner and Kiara dropped El off at their house after scooping Bella.

I was sitting in my chair at the end of the table , opposite from my dad.

Me: Okay. First off , I've noticed something.

Dad: What kind of something?

Me: I've beginning to notice things missing. Somebody has been taking money and drugs from us and I'm pretty sure it was one of our workers.

Erik: Imma take care of that. Y'all don't worry bout that.

Dad: Aight E-Dog. Now in other news , yall remember when I gave yall the file information on Daniels?

We all muttered a yeah.

Dad: Well , Kiara here has been watching him and found out that he has a co-worker that invited him to dinner tonight with her family. So we'll be watching that too. I want him by the night is over.

We all nodded.

Dad: Aight. Dismissed.

I was about to stand up when dad told me to sit back down. Everybody left and dad spoke.

Dad: Lexi , I'm sorry.

Me: Sorry? You've never apologized about anything before. Why are you sorry?

Dad: I'm sorry for insulting Nicole. I just thought she'd be like Nina.

Me: A lot of people thought the same thing dad , but I doubt Nicole would do me like Nina. You can tell their different by just looking at them.

Dad: It took me a while to notice that.

Me: So what are you saying dad?

I'm hoping he's gonna say he accepts Nicky.

Dad: I'm not saying I'm accepting her.

Well damn. Just crushed my hopes.

Dad: I'm saying I'm gonna give her a chance. She has to prove to me that she isn't anything like Nina before I accept you twos relationship.

Me: Okay so you mean like have a dinner with you.

Dad: Yes.

Me: Oh okay. When?

Dad: How about tonight?

Me: Nah , she's at a dinner with her mom.

Dad: Okay well check to see what's a good time for her and you then come to me.

Me: Aight pops. Anything else?

Dad: Nope.

Me: Aight then I'm out. Love ya.

Dad: Love you too.

I got up and walked out. I got in my car. It smelt like Nicky haha. I started the engine and pulled off listening to Drake.

( Nicky )

I looked in the mirror and smiled. I looked presentable. I grabbed my phone and went out my room. I got on the elevator and took it down. I walked off and into the kitchen. Zari was helping set the table.

Me: This is okay right?

Sierra took a glance at me.

Sierra: That's perfect. You both look beautiful.