She hesitates. "Yes, you can trust him." She walks over to the table. Damon speeds over to her, making her jump a little, and looks into her eyes.

"Can I trust him?" He repeats.

Elena scoffs. "I'm wearing vervain, Damon. It's not going to work." She steps around, avoiding both him and the question

"I'm not compelling you," he denies, "I just want you to answer me. Honestly."

"Of course you can trust Stefan," She sighs. I look at her suspiciously.

He turns around to face us. "There was a time that I trusted him more than anyone."

"Trust breed trust. You have to give it to earn it," Elena lectures.

"Are you lecturing me?" Damon scoffs.

"Do you need to be lectured?" She retorts with hands on hips.

"I just want her back," Damon admits, "I'm sure you two can understand that."

"I can understand that you will do whatever it takes to get her back." Elena glares at Damon.

"Then you both understand what I'll do if anyone gets in my way." I see Elena freeze up a bit but relaxes when he walks away.

"You're not lying to him, right?" I gain her attention. I stop my dish loading. "He really needs this, Lena."

And for some reason, I thought she wouldn't lie to me, her own twin. I thought she'd do the right thing and tell me the truth so we can just get this over with.

"I'm not lying, Gabby."

---------

"You said you've never played this before," Jeremy complains to Damon. Damon smirks as he kicks Jeremy's ass in whatever they're playing.

"I'm a fast learner." Damon shrugs. "Quick reflexes." That's an understatement.

Jeremy's phone rings so they stop playing. He looks to check who it is, lets out a groan of annoyance, then ignores the call and un-pauses the game.

"Who are you dodging?" I ask with a smirk as I walk towards the couch.

"Some girl named Anna. She can be uh...persistent." Jeremy replies both eyes still glued to the screen.

"Is she hot?" Damon asks.

"Yeah." Jeremy smiles, "Yeah, but she can be, uh , weird," He replies.

"Hot trumps weird. Trust me," He teaches. I roll my eyes.

I walk over to Jenna and Elena in the kitchen who are both whispering their conversation. Really, there's no point in whispering considering Damon can hear everything.

"He is ridiculously hot," Jenna whispers, staring at him. I can literally feel Damon's smirk from the living room. Elena shushes her.

"Yeah, but he's also a major ass," I whisper knowing Damon can hear me.

Jenna looks back at Elena with a frown. "What are you doing with all that stuff?" She points to the box of old things.