Chapter Eight

Edited

"Jeremy was in love with Vicki, Vicki was in love with Jeremy. From what I heard, Vicki ditched Jeremy saying she's leaving and to tell Matt goodbye," I tell Sheriff Forbes. Due to us being 'so close' with Vicki, we took it upon ourselves to tell Sheriff a good lie about Vicki's whereabouts.

"Okay," she writes down my words, "and when was the last time you saw Vicki?" Sheriff Forbes asks.

"Um..." I pretend to think, "at the Halloween Party at school. She said hi and all that but that was it." I have no idea of its good or bad that I'm a great liar. Probably good.

"Okay, thank you Gabriella," She concludes. "You should really come over soon." She smiles.

"Will do, as soon as possible. Don't worry. And you can call me Gabby, Sheriff," I say.

I get out of the chair, ignoring the ache in my side. It's only been a few days since Vicki's death, but my wound is healing nicely. It wasn't as bad as we thought it was when I first got it.

"No," she denies. "Gabriella sounds prettier."

"Whatever suits you, Sheriff." I smile.

Elena approaches me when I finally leave her office. I give her a look when she presses against my non-injured side.

"How did you do?" she whispers.

"I did fine. I told the 'truth'." I answer. She punches my arm, causing me to frown at the weakness of it.

    "Wanna say it like that a little louder?" She snaps. I roll my eyes as we enter the waiting area. Aunt Jenna and Jeremy stand up, giving me a reassuring smile as we head outside.

    I raise an eyebrow at the sight of Stefan leaning against the police car. He quickly gets off of it after noticing us.

    "Hey, Aunt Jenna, Gabby and I will meet you in the car," Elena says. Aunt Jenna looks at Stefan before nodding.

    "Hey, are you okay?" Stefan asks after Jenna and Jeremy get in the car.

    "No," Elena snaps, crossing her arms. "everywhere you go, someone dies. Now, every time I see Jeremy or Matt, I feel horrible and guilty because Vicki will never come back."

   "Let's talk somewhere else." Stefan suggests.

    "No, Stefan. You can't see me anymore. So stay away from us." Elena glares. She storms off to the car.

    "I'm sorry for her harshness," I apologize on her behalf, because she was being pretty bitch-y.

    "No, it's fine," he reassures, looking down at the ground a little sad. "I get it."

    "No, it isn't," I call him out. "You want her. You want her because you love her. If I were you I would fight for my love but not in a corny way." He gives a small smile, enjoying my pep talk.

    "Thanks...again," He thanks. I chuckle and pat him into the shoulder.

    "No problem. Don't be a dumbass."

----------

    I start making an ice cream sundae. My headphones blast loud music.

"Annie are you okay? Would you tell us that you're okay?" I sing while pouring the hot fudge on my ice cream which is on top of my brownie.

    Someone slaps the counter, causing me to jump in surprise. I pull off my headphones, glaring at my brother. "Can you sing elsewhere?" Jeremy asks, annoyed by my singing.