Chapter Thirteen

Začít od začátku

    "So what do we do?" I ask.

    "Nothing until your sister can gets that journal."

    "What if she doesn't?" I question.

    "That isn't an option," he says with determination. I put my hands up in surrender.

    "Got it," I sigh, lowering my arms.

    "By the way," he begins, causing me to raise an eyebrow at him, "I'm coming over for dinner tonight."

    I scoff. "Since when?"

    "Since your Aunt Jenna invited me," he replies smugly. I roll my eyes at him before laying my head down on the couch.

---------

"My father never approved of anyone I dated." Damon smirks. "Which only made me want them more, of course. What about you?" Damon asks Aunt Jenna as he cuts vegetables. Aunt Jenna is sitting on the counter, drinking wine, while I sit on the couch.

"There were a few guys," she dismisses, "Logan isn't the only loser I've dated." Jenna scoffs before sipping her wine.

"Have they ever found him?" I question from the couch, "Is he still missing?" No, he's dead.

"He's not missing," Jenna laughs. "He's in the Bahamas working on his tan. Very entitled that he marches to the beat of his own drum." Jenna scowls before finishing her wine.

"He's a Fell. In other words. A total douche." I reply as Damon refills her wine glass. He goes back to cutting the vegetables.

"Without looking up Damon comments, "Hello, Elena." Jenna and I turn around to see Elena walking in the kitchen.

"Hey!" Jenna greets a little too giddy, "Where have you been? We're cooking dinner." Um I think Damon is actually cooking.

"Is Stefan with you?" Damon asks.

"Um he'll be here soon." Elena replies, looking at me with a little worry.

--------

    I've gotta admit, Damon can cook. Like, really well. I'm surprised he doesn't do it more often considering how hungry I always am.

But as the girl who did nothing to contribute to the dinner, I got stuck with dish duty.

I take a plate out of the sink, about to put it into the dishwasher when Damon purposely bumps in to me. I smile as I look up at him. "Don't do that." He steps out of my way before standing on the other side of me, passing me the plates.

"Do what?" He asks playing dumb.

I roll my eyes. "You know what. That move was deliberate."

"Yeah," He scoffs amusedly, "I was deliberately trying to get to the...sink" He smirks. "Speaking of Stefan. Where is he? He's missing family night. Which I am enjoying immensely," He comments at the sound of no one mentioning his brother.

"Damon, why are you asking me this?" I sigh. "I haven't seen him since this morning." I reply with a shiver, remembering this morning.

"Is it real?" He asks.

"Is what real?"

"Our renewed sense of brotherhood?"

I sigh. "I don't know, Damon. You might want to ask Elena."

"Ask me what?" Elena questions as she steps into the kitchen. She looks at us expectantly with a raised brow.

"Can I trust Stefan?" Damon asks.