Chapter Thirty

**Here's chapter 30 of Rayne On Me. I hope you enjoy!! This is dedicated to everyone who is reading the book and is being patient with me as I update when I have time. Good news: there's about 5 chapters left!**

Chapter Thirty

As a few weeks went by, the production was approved by the principal and tickets were made and sent out all around the town. Everyone was so excited to see the big production that the tickets sold out in a matter of days. The dancers and Jace's band had been working together practically every single day since the dance team agreed to do the production. And surprisingly Chloe had been at every single practice just as happy and peppy as ever. The team decided to name the dance production "Dangerous Decisions" since it was going to be about whether or not a guy would choose his mate over his cruel boss. Just about everyone in the school had helped out in some way. Mom had the costumes covered, there was a tech team, and even a team of people to help paint the different sets that would need to be set up.

After every practice Jace would take me out somewhere. It would either be to go bowling, study together, or even eat at this cute ice cream parlor which has quickly become my favorite place for us to be together. I was taken out of my memories of Jace and I when there was a knock on my door. I sat up in my bed wondering who it could be. "Come in." I called out whenever the person knocked again.

The door swung open and Jace was there with the biggest smile on his face and one of his hands behind his back. I jumped up from the bed and hugged him burying my face into his neck, inhaling his scent. My heart always started to pound whenever he was near me. He wrapped his arms tightly around me placing a kiss on my forehead.

"Hey, baby girl." He pulled away from our hug and pulled a bouquet of flowers he'd been hiding from behind his back.

"You got me flowers, Jace? Red roses are my favorite! Thank you." I kissed his cheek. I told him I'd be right back so I could get something to put the flowers in. I came back pretty quickly and he was standing at the door waiting on me.

"Do you want to go for a run? We haven't shifted since last week and I feel like our wolves need some exercise." He stated.

I nodded my head. "Yeah just let me change into some basketball shorts."

He smirked at me. "Easier to take off?"

I smacked his arm. "Get out. Go stand by the door and be a good little mate while I change."

He began laughing muttering something about girls being so sensitive about things. "Yes, baby whatever you want, baby."

I chuckled and locked the door just in case he tried to get any ideas. I found a pair of plain black shorts, unlocked the door, and opened it before shutting it behind me as I walked out.

"Let's do this, Jace." I turned to him.

He winked. "I bet I'll beat you to the rock."

The rock was this huge boulder that we had found in the backwoods of my house. We had been chasing after each other and Jace had ran past it, but instead of chasing after him I stayed back and wanted to explore. It had been the finish line to our racing from then on. "You'll have to tie one arm behind my back to beat me to the rock, babe."

He pulled me closer putting his arms around my waist. "I'll tie you up alright."

My entire body started to shake and my blood heated up. We hadn't marked each other yet and the more we spend time together – the harder it was to keep from marking each other and the harder it was pulling away from each other once our heating got steamier. I gave him a quick kiss before I pushed him back and sprinted down the stairs.

I heard a low growl and his footsteps hurrying after me. "You don't just kiss me and then leave like that, sweetheart. I want a real kiss!"

I hurriedly opened the front door and called out. "Beat me to the rock and you'll be able to get a real kiss!"

"I'm going to get one regardless." He said confidently.

I ran behind a tree and got undressed in lightning speed before I shifted into my wolf. It felt like there were a million lightning bolts coursing through my veins. It felt amazing. I heard a howl and looked over. I howled back as a sign that we could start and both of our wolves sprinted towards the forest to the rock.

I dodged through trees and jumped over patches of flowers just as fast as Jace was. His wolf was three times the size of mine, but I was quick and he knew he couldn't slip up or I had the race in the bag. I took a chance and glanced over to where he was sprinting and noticed him smile a toothy wolf grin which had me chuckling and pushing faster to get to the rock.

I started to notice that we were getting closer to the rock as the surroundings got a little more familiar. I had to win this race. Just as I was about to jump on the rock I was pounced on from behind. I looked up and it was Jace. He began to lick my snout and I tried to push him off when he gave a low growl. I looked into his eyes and seen that his wolf was in control.

He removed himself from on top of me and allowed me to stand. He began walking around my wolf and nuzzling himself into my fur so his scent would overpower mine. Pretty soon, his wolf was done marking me and he went over behind the rock and I could hear him shifting back. Luckily, we had stored some clothes behind the rock. When he came out, I went next. Once I was finished he turned back around and came and sat down next to me on the rock. "So, your wolf was feeling the need to mark me, hmm?" I asked.

He nodded his head. "It's just getting harder and harder to be around you and not having you marked officially as mine." He began rubbing the back of his neck, something he did when he was nervous about something.

"What's wrong Jace?" I asked him curiously.

"Willow, I need to tell you something." He stated seriously. "I love you."