Chapter Fifteen

**Picture of Jace's Parents**

Chapter Fifteen

I looked towards Jace and he was looking at me with a little grin on his face even though I could see that he was still annoyed at being interrupted.

He scratched the back of his neck, "I guess that's our cue to get downstairs and join everybody, right?"

I nodded my head. "Yeah, come on let's go."

I held his hand and led him out of my room. I really didn't notice that I had grabbed his hand until I felt the jolts of tingles starting at my fingertips traveling all the way upwards to my arm. Jace didn't seem to mind either because he didn't say anything as I begin to take him back downstairs to the kitchen. Right before we turned the corner to enter the kitchen, I let go of his hand.

"Why'd you let go of my hand?" He asked.

I turned to him and noticed a little frown on his face. "I don't want to cause a scene." I stuck my tongue out, laughing at his facial expression.

He looked at me and smirked grabbing me by my hips once again and bending down to my height. "You might want to keep that little tongue in your mouth mate or I won't be able to be held accountable for my actions."

I stuck it out again and started speaking. "Whatever, you're not going t-. "

I didn't even get a chance to finish my sentence before he placed his lips on mine. My wolf was howling while I on the other hand stood still not moving – completely shocked. I guess he soon realized that I was just standing still and not kissing him back so he began gently coaxing me to kiss him back.

Eventually, I collected my wits together, and I did kiss him back. His hands felt amazing creating small circles on my waist. My hands automatically went to his hair, loving the way the softness felt in between my fingers. Why did I wait so long to do this?

My heart was beating ten times faster than normal. I couldn't believe that I was actually kissing him and I was enjoying it! Pretty soon I could feel myself needing to pull back to inhale. I needed to sit down before I passed out. I could feel his smile forming on my lips as I pulled back to catch my breath. Slowly, I opened my eyes. I don't know how long we stayed there just looking at each other with goofy smiles on our faces until he broke the silence.

"I told you to keep that little tongue in your mouth didn't I? I guess you didn't think that I was going to do anything about it." He grinned widely.

"I really didn't." I admitted looking at him.

He pulled me closer to him. "Can I have another one please?" He pouted once again.

I shook my head. "Not right now. We have to go see your family before everyone starts to get suspicious of where we are."

"Nobody even knows where we are right now. They're all outside in the backyard helping your parents set up since we came earlier than we were supposed to."

I shook my head with a firm no. "No way. Come on let's go to the backyard. I want to meet your parents."

"They're excited to meet you too, well, I talk about you all the time. How can they not be excited to meet you?" He looked thoughtful as he took the lead to go to the backyard.

I stared after him in surprise. He told his family about me? Did they know that we were mates? I was curious to ask him, but I couldn't because as soon as I followed him and stepped outside I was almost tackled to the ground by Lily.