Chapter Six

Chapter Six

The day went on and Lily told me more about herself and her brother. I found out that her brother could play the guitar and the piano which I was really impressed by. As my classes passed by I found out I had 2 more classes with Lily and I had 4 in all with her brother who didn't show up to either one of his classes.

His absence was really noticeable with my sixth period class which was after lunch because it was only him and I there. We both had study hall with Mrs. Saeler. Luckily, Mrs. Saeler was one of the cool teachers and instead of her making me study for actual work; I could just draw or go roam around the school.

Pretty soon the end of the day came and I walked to the parking lot where I waited for Chloe and Kai to come out of the school. I knew Chloe would be inside making the announcement and finishing up printing flyers that the dance team would have tryouts tomorrow.

I was waiting on Kai to come out. I knew he didn't have anything else to do. I saw Kai as he walked up to me to stand directly in front of me. I could see his eyes sparkling with mischievousness.

"Excuse me ma'am, if I may ask you something. I would like to know what a pretty lady like you is doing out here all alone." He drawled out in a fake country accent.

I burst out laughing deciding to play along with him. "Why kind sir, I have no clue as to what I'm doing here all alone. I was waiting on my friends, but I guess they're just doing something really important."

He imagined that there was a fake cowboy hat on his head and pretended to push the tip of the hat down and nod at me. "Well I would be honored my lady if you would allow me to be your friend for the day. Take a hop on my horse and we'll gallop through this ole rusty town hand in hand together." That's when he turned around and I jumped onto his back.

"Giddy up horsey!" I shouted out causing a lot of people to stop what they were doing and turn to stare at the two crazy people who were acting like they were part of a rodeo show. Kai let out a horse's neigh and started running around Chloe's car like he was in a race. I squealed out not able to contain my excitement.

"Okay okay!" I stated when I started getting dizzy from the continuous amounts of circles Kai had run in. "That was really awesome." I giggled when Kai finally let my feet touch the ground again.

"Not as awesome as you my lady." He grinned and shot me a wink.

I looked into his eyes and smiled. He really was a great guy. He was about open his mouth to say something whenever Chloe's car lit up. I turned my attention to the front of the school and saw that she had her car keys held up pressing the automatic unlock button. I slid into the passenger side again and turned around to face Kai who had returned to the back once more.

"Where you about to say something Kai?" I asked him curiously glancing up at his face.

He opened his mouth and then closed it again. "Y-Yeah I um... I was going to ask you..."

"Well spit it out man!" Chloe retorted as she climbed into the driver's side of the car and slammed the door shut.

Kai cleared his throat and gathered himself together. "I was going to ask you how your day went actually."

I looked into his eyes to see if that was really what he was going to ask. His expression didn't change as I searched his eyes. Apparently that really was what he was going to ask me.

"My day was amazing actually. Although it was weird having to go to some classes and not have that new Alpha Jace guy there. I mean who misses the first day of their new school? That's really weird."