Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

I backed away slowly watching his eyes continue to flicker. My wolf was buzzing encouraging me to move closer to my mate not further back. Every step I took back, he advanced two towards me. The moment I turned to bolt out of the auditorium his hand shot out and grabbed my arm.

"Don't run from me." His melodic voice drifted out from his dusty pink lips. I couldn't utter a word as the tingles coursed through my body like an electric shock. "What's your name mate?"

"W-Willow." I stuttered out.

He repeated it. "Willow." My name fell easily from his tongue. I couldn't stop the next words that tumbled from my mouth. I just had to know.

"Who are you?" I whispered softly.

He leant down closer to my face having to bend down to reach my level to make eye contact. "Jace Dawson, Alpha of the Crestwood area."

Alpha, the one word that stuck out like a sore thumb. My mate was an alpha? Which would make me...oh snap. "Oh snap. Oh god oh god oh god." I kept repeating.

I could see Jace looking at me with slight confusion set upon his magnificent face. "What's wr-?"

I cut him off removing myself from his grasp. "I-I have to go." I hurriedly started making my way towards the stairs.

"Where are you going?" He asked me. I could hear the slight tinged of hurt in his voice. My heart instantly dropped. I didn't want him to be hurt.

"Hom- places. I 'm going places." I made up the lie in my head. It was just on the tip of my tongue and I needed an excuse to get away from him.

I actually believe he caught on to my lie because he spoke knowingly. "Trying to get away from me huh? You can run Willow, but you can't hide. You're mine and I will always find you. Remember that."

I was just at the double doors getting ready to make my hasty exit when I couldn't help myself but to turn around and glance at my mate's face once again. There was no doubting the determined gleam in his eyes. He was serious. I burst out of the auditorium like a mad woman. Once I was far away from his scent I could finally feel myself relaxing slowly. Would he follow me?

I glanced back walking out of the building and practically flew into my car. I took out my cellphone as I started the car. The phone rung once before it was picked up by the person I knew could give me some somewhat good advice.

"Hey girl!" She answered cheerily.

"Chloe my house now. It's important." I stated firmly.

I hung up the phone. I couldn't believe me, of all people, had an Alpha as a mate. Jace. Every single time I thought of his name a shiver would go through me. I put the car in drive and started to head home. My attention should have been on driving and staying on my side of the road, but some little part of me just kept thinking. What happens now?

Without knowing, I had arrived home within a couple of moments. I noticed Chloe's car in my driveway before me. How in the world did she make it here before me? She must have flown down the highway. I left my bag in the car and walked to the front door of my house. Before I could even pull out my key to unlock the door, it was swung open with a curious looking Chloe.

"Spill. Now." She spoke looking at me expectantly like I was just going to spill the beans right at this moment. Yeah right. Anybody could have heard me, my parents more specifically. I don't think I could tell my parents the news just yet.

"Can I at least step inside of my house and speak to my parents before you start hounding me?" I asked rolling my eyes stepping through the open door.

"Hurry up Wonka! Time's a' wasting!" You've got me suspicious and I want the details now!"

"Hey girls." Mom said stepping into the living room mixing a huge bowl with a wooden spoon.

My eyes drifted to the bowl. Mom must've noticed because she looked up at me winking. "Brownies." She said teasingly. She knew chocolate was my weakness. "So how did the tryouts go today?"

Chloe being the impatient one spoke in place for the both of us. "Everything was great. The girls that we picked out are really going to be a great addition to the team." Then she turned to me. "Willow, can you please help me with this communications project now? I'm really eager to start this."

Mom's eyebrows shot up. "Chloe when have you ever been excited to start a project? What's so different about this one?"

Chloe gave me a hidden smile before answering my Mom's lingering question. "Let's just say I have a really good feeling that this project is going to be special."

Mom nodded not noticing the double meaning behind Chloe's carefully chosen words. "Okay then. You girls have fun. Don't get into too much trouble and try not to make a huge mess because I'm not going to clean it up. I'm pregnant. I have the right not to do things. Isn't that right sweetie?" She asked glancing down at her protruding belly, smiling.

"Ah, it must be nice being pregnant." Chloe fantasized.

"Only if you like eating like a pig, peeing one thousand times a day, and passing gas at the most inappropriate and random times. Then yeah, it's nice being pregnant." Mom answered.

I started laughing at Chloe's horrified facial expression. I turned her around facing to my bedroom upstairs. "I think you have her reevaluating having children now Mom."

"You got that right." Chloe muttered.

Mom laughed and started walking back into the kitchen continuing to stir her amazing homemade brownie mix. Chloe proceeded to grab my hand and drag me to my room shutting the door.

She locked it and turned towards me. "Lift up your shirt." She commanded.

My eyebrows shot up. What did I look like lifting up my shirt? What did this have to do with anything that I was about to tell her. "Chloe what..." I started off.

She cut me off. "Wonka, if you do not life your shirt up in the next 3.2 seconds, I will come over there and rip it off of you. You know I will."

I cautiously proceeded to raise my shirt up above my head. I didn't even make it halfway until I was all of a sudden pushed over by a squealing Chloe.

"Oh my goodness!"

She screeched.Not able to keep my balance, I quickly tumbled over, thankfully, onto the bed. "Chloe what the crap is wrong with you? You're screaming like a chicken with its head cut off." I slowly got up from the bed.

That stopped her screeching for a second. I could just imagine the look that she was giving me. "Wonka, sometimes you say the weirdest things."

I continued to pull my shirt up until I was just standing up in my bra. "So are you going to tell me what you were squealing about like a maniac?"

"I don't think I should say anything."

I frowned looking at her. "You're just going to scream, but you're not going to tell me why you were screaming?" What kind of sense did that make?

"I'm not going to say anything I'm going to let you see for yourself." She stated. She pointed to my side and then to the mirror. I walked over to it searching my body to see what she had been screaming about. As soon as I saw it, I fainted.