Chapter 1

Clash!

Clash!

"oomph!"

Thump!

Thump!

"Heeyah!"

Clang!

"Enough!"

Immediately the two sparing dropped their swords. The man huffed, and at the command bowed.

"Lady Talia." The mentor and student greeted simultaneously, slowly rising.

Talia regarded the girl carefully. Noting how it looked as if she could go on forever without breaking a sweat. She looked calm despite the fact that she had just sparred two hours straight with a skilled swordsman.

"Disperse," Talia commanded the man. He bowed and left. "I made you a promise Amara, and I intend to keep it." With that Talia began to pace.

"I remember my Lady." Amara replied. She had waited years, trained till the brink of exhaustion, and worked hard to rise amongst the ranks. Of course she remembered what she had always wanted. It was the driving force of her years spent becoming stronger, better, faster.

"I promised you freedom in the outside world once I felt you were ready. Not as a mission but to live as a civilian, as long as you always answer the call of the league if need arise."

Amara was anxious, when Lady Talia spoke you knew you were to listen. So what is she trying to get at? Am I ready?

Amara decided to go in for the kill, "Lady Talia... are you implying—?"

"Yes Amara, you are ready to spread your wings. Pack your bags, you leave at noon. I have a company there under the name Crosswell, you've never had a last name but this company is yours. I've been building it since you made your...request. It's in the heart of Gotham, but you'll have to wait until your 18 to run it. But you have a trust fund to meet your expenses."

Amara was nodding her head and eagerly taking in all the new information but paused.

Gotham?...

Talia gave a cold smile before leaving the room.

No way...

Amara watched her leave with wide eyes.

Damian?

After riding Talia's private chopper to the nearest airport Amara rode commercial straight to Gotham. When Amara had asked about her special luggage, Talia had assured her it would reach her new home. Another thing Talia had assured she not worry about. As of now Amara was trying to hail a cab to the address given.

Trying being the key word.

At the sight of another Amara stepped forward only to jump back as it continued to speed off. Amara grit her teeth, annoyed that no one would give her time of day. Civilians, she scoffed always stuck in their own worlds.

"Excuse me miss?" a male's voice broke through her annoyance.

Amara turned to meet a man with black hair, blue eyes, lean muscles and an overall attractive appearance. But that's not what had Amara pause; no it was the happiness in his eyes. Genuine happiness.

"Uh..miss?" Dick interrupted.

"Yes?" Amara replied, realizing she probably looked like a moron staring as if she'd never seen another human being before.