Flip of a Coin

There are always two sides to every story. Heads or Tails. Good and Evil. Chaos and Order. The Hero and the Villain. The Victim and The Victimizer. The Prey and The Predator. The Truth and The Lie. That it's all Black and White. That it's clear cut... That's a lie. It's one of the biggest lies I ever heard.

Looking back on it, with the things I know now... It almost seems surreal. A "Neither". A Balance. An Anti- hero. A Survivor. A Vigilante. A Half-Truth. A Gray area. A Blurred Jagged edge. It's not that I didn't know it existed, I just didn't know if it was possible to reach it. If it was even truly obtainable. If others would just leave me be. I certainly strived for it. I was told that it didn't exist by some. That what I was looking for was wrong by others. That I was either all in or all out by the rest. Many people tried to sway me to their side. The "Right" side as they put it.

To them there was only one way, their way, or nothing. Of course some were less blunt and a bit more subtle but it was usually always implied.

It's probably best if I start at the beginning. Before I began to even think of these things. Before I turned my back on everything. Before everything I knew ended. Before my journey started. Before the hands of fate flipped a coin on my future, and left it spinning, never slowing, never settling, never choosing a side, just spinning until both sides looked like one thing, the same thing.

Let me introduce myself.

My name is Daniel Valentine...and this is my story.