Chapter 7

UNEDITED. Chapter Seven

ALEXIS' POV

"So this is it?" I asked as we stopped infront of a huge white house.

Katherine nodded with a smile. "Pretty nice, huh?" She said before getting out of the driver's seat.

"She's got some taste." I said while eyeing the house. Well, it's the nicest foreclosure in town afterall.

I also stepped out of the car and closed the car door behind me. "Come on, she's inside." I heard her say before started walking.

I looked at her. "Katerina.." I called her name.

She stopped and turned around to look at me. "Hmm?" She asked.

I looked at her seriously. "Just so you know that if you're planning to sabotage me, you're never getting the moonstone." I told her seriously.

She looked at me for a minute, a suprised expression on her face before laughing. "My, so paranoid." She laughed. "It's alright. I'm not lying when I told you that I actually have a plan to save us." She told me before turning around and continued walking.

Well, that was weird. Was I too straight forward? Well, nonetheless, I hope she got the message that if she ever betrayed me, again...i'll never forgive her. It's just too risky. Trusting Katerina. She's changed. A lot. And so have I.

"Isobel! I'm back!" Katherine's voice echoed through the place as we freely stepped inside the house.

Yup. A vampire owns this place. We didn't have to be invited in.

Suddenly, a woman with dark black hair appeared before us from what I assumed was the living room. Isobel Flemming. Elena's biological mother and the previous human who was obsessed with Klaus. She even found me and Katherine in her search for the great hybrid. And believe me, the first time I met this woman was extreme, she actually wanted me to turn her. So stupid. I dislike her. And seeing her again, suddenly made me question myself if what I did is actually right.

This woman cannot be trusted.

"Katherine!" She said when she walked towards us. And when her eyes caught mine, her smile widened in a way I don't understand. It seems like there is a meaning behind it.

"Alexis, it's nice to see you here!" She said in delight, while walking towards me.

I fake a smile. "Can't say the same to you." I told her honestly.

She laughed at my answer. "Oh come now, it's been too long since we last saw each other." She said.

I raised an eyebrow at her. "Enough pleasantries, let's get down to business." I told her bluntly.

"Impatient as always." She said before leading us to the living room.

"Please sit down." we gratefully sat down on the high quality couch, across from her. She also sat down before looking at me.

"So, where should I start? I presume Katherine already told you some parts of our plans, am I correct?"

"I wanted to know everything from you. Right from the very start until the last bit of information. Enough to satisfy me." I told her while crossing my arms.

"Right." She nodded. "As you already know, i've been busy making a deal with Klaus to save both of your lives." She said, referring to me and Katherine.

"The truth is, I can't find Klaus." She told us honestly. "But I did find a way to have contact with me."

"Someone in his trusted circle, a witch. And I managed to make a bargain."