Chapter 24: Best Day Off Ever

Annabelle's POV

It's my day off! I am so happy right now because it's my day off and I am going to spend the day with Andy! Jumping out of bed, I made my way downstairs and stuck a bagel in the toaster, then took out my favorite strawberry cream cheese and made a cup of coffee.

To be honest, I don't know what we are going to do today, but I am running low on food so I guess we can start by going grocery shopping together. Great, I think we are going to be one of those couples, but eh, that's not that bad. The toaster went off and I hissed as it burned my fingers when I grabbed it and put it on the paper plate. Yeah I might not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but I am most certainly not the dullest, okay?

After I ate, I took a shower and got changed into a white tank top with a black heart in the middle of it, denim cut off short shorts, black sneakers, and decided to slip on some bracelets and bow earrings. Yeah, nothing special. I quickly did my makeup and texted Andy, getting an almost immediate reply.

Andy:

Okay I'll be right over. I have missed you so much

I giggled and went downstairs, making sure I had my sunglasses, grocery list, wallet in my purse, and phone in my back pocket. A knock on the door made me smile and I walked over and answered it with a wide smile. He was wearing black skinny jeans, a black shirt and vest, along with his black boots. Oh, classic Andy. He smiled back and pulled me in for a hug and pressed his soft lips to mine.

"Andy, I just saw you yesterday." I giggled and he smiled even wider at me.

"Yeah, but it felt like months." Rolling my eyes with a smirk, I stepped out and closed the door behind me and locked it. We got into his black truck and I felt embarrassed that I had to ask him to go grocery shopping, but it was our special day together, so just being with each other is all that matters.

"Hey Andy?" He grabbed my hand, interlocked our fingers and kissed the back of my hand.

"Yes?" I blushed and looked at our hands.

"I have to go grocery shopping, do you think we could just go to the 99 cent store?" He nodded and turned onto the next exit that took us to the store. We just made small talk and when we got to the store, many people looked at us like we were freaks of nature. Mainly because it was mothers with their young children and elderly couples. I laughed as he was pushing around a small purple cart, letting me grab whatever I needed. We went into the candy aisle and he was choosing some things while I went into the cosmetic aisle to get some hairspray and shampoo. While I was reading the bottle, a pair of tattooed arms wrapped around my waist. "Yes?" He laughed and rested his head on my shoulder.

"How about we go out tonight?" I smiled and turned, putting the items in the cart.

"I think that would be lovely. What should I wear?" He pecked my lips and smiled back at me.

"What you're wearing right now." Giggling, I agreed and we went to check out. The girl at checkout was flirting with him the whole time even though I was standing right next to him and he even had his arm wrapped around my waist. Bitch, are you blind? The bagging lady, who was middle aged, scolded the young girl and I smiled at her.

"You two remind me of my husband and I. He passed a few years ago, but he always made sure that I was loved. Don't lose him, dear." Giggling, I shook my head.

"I'm sorry to hear that. I promise you I will try not to, even though he does get lost on the way to the car." I bumped my hip with Andy's and he laughed, kissing the top of my head. The old woman smiled and put the last bag in the cart. "I hope you have a nice day."