Chapter 39

(In advance, I apologize for the blurry picture. It's Katniss's outfit)

Katniss (Gale and Madge's wedding)

I smooth down my green dress, then adjust my necklace, making sure I look acceptable. Peeta sneaks his arm around my waist, pulling me into a fiery kiss.
"You ready?" He asks once we pull away. I nod, then slip on the heels I begrudgingly picked out due to Madge's orders. "Alrighty then. Let's get going." He responds, pulling me out the door.

Once we arrive, an usher points us to our seats, which are cushioned folding chairs. Peeta smiles at me once we sit down, his hand in my grasp.
"Being here makes me think about our wedding." I tell him with a smile.
"Yeah, me too. There's only one difference." He tells me, a smile hinting on his face.
"Which is what?" I ask, smiling wider.
"This wedding has no star-crossed lovers." He tells me, adding a kiss on the cheek.
"Although I'll have to agree, I think they're getting there. Last week, when Madge took me shopping to get a dress, the way she talked about Gale was adorable!" I exclaim, revealing my girly side.
"Hopefully you talk about me like that?" Peeta replies, teasing me somewhat.
"Always." I tell him with a nod, then kiss his soft pink lips.

The music starts, and Gale walks down the isle, more happy than I've ever seen him in all of the years I've known him. He straightens his tie, then faces the isle where Madge is bound to walk down soon enough.

Finally, Madge lets her right foot step down into the white carpet trailing down the isle as she daintily lifts up the hem of her dress. She looks beyond beautiful, with her naturally bright blonde hair framing her face. Madge appears to be wearing little to no makeup, which in my opinion is better than wearing sticky makeup that melts in the hot sun.

Once she reaches Gale, he immediately grasps onto her hand, still smiling like a maniac.I let out a quiet laugh, looking at Peeta who seems to be immersed in the wedding before him. Clearly, Peeta has a soft spot for romance.

"Ladies and Gentlemen. We all gather here today to experience the marriage of Madge Undersee and Gale Hawthorne. Before we start the vows, is there anyone who's against the marriage of these two youths?" The Pastor asks, looking around the sea of faces. No one raises their hand.

The Pastor clears his throat. "You may  start your vows." He says, nodding towards Gale.

"Madge, we've come a long way. I remember your long pink dress on the day of The Princess Games reaping. You looked beautiful, and that was the first time I acknowledged my feeling towards you. While my best friend was off competing for someone's love, you were there to cheer me up, because I missed her. Soon after, our first kiss was so magical, and special to me. I knew you were the one after that. I can't wait until we start a family together. Babe, I love you with all my heart." Gale finishes, and I'm the only one to notice that he's struggling to hold back his happy tears. Madge smiles, a drop trailing down her cheek.

"Gale, you deserve the world. I want to make you happy, and will do anything to see your smile. When we're together, I can feeling the chemistry circling us like a beautiful tornado. I can't wait to start a family with you, which will be in approximately nine months." Madge says with a laugh. Although her vows were shorter than Gale's, they left a big impact. Gale stares at Madge in disbelief, but clearly overjoyed.

"Really?" He asks, pulling her close. Madge simply nods in response.

"Seeing as though these two are anxious to kiss, you may now kiss the bride!" The pastor announce, smiling.

People cheer as Gale dips Madge and they kiss, soon coming up for air.

---------------------------------
Dear Readers,

I didn't give up on this story! I hope you all are still reading and enjoying this story! I might delete this, and start over. Should I?

Love, DivergentTribute1264